Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TF: DOTM The Ultimate Guide

Ultimate guide (for any universe TF or otherwise) means big pictures of stuff and tiny blurbs. Still pretty cool if you want to see decent pics of the renders or use them as a colour guide for customising DOTM toys.

I'm still waiting for mine to come from Book Depository and so I'll update on what's inside when I got it.

Have you got yours yet 5FDP?
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Just got mine last night and gotta say it wasn't what I was expecting. This seemed to be really targetted at younger kids. And the book does say published by "Harper Collins Children's Publishers".

Here are some of the pages from the book:

They mentioned Ultimate Guide for all the characters that appear in all 3 movies. But there were some significant ones missing like Arcee, the Wreckers, Long Haul, Bonecrusher, Rampage etc...
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Book looks interesting... I'm wondering if they have just made up things that weren't in the movie, or if they are only using info provided by Hasbro. My point is that in the Shockwave Bio, their info on the Driller is different to IDW's, and since it was not something explained in the Movie, this publisher either had to make it up or got it from somewhere.
    And good luck on them trying to explain the events and plots of all three movies into one timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Book looks interesting... I'm wondering if they have just made up things that weren't in the movie, or if they are only using info provided by Hasbro. My point is that in the Shockwave Bio, their info on the Driller is different to IDW's, and since it was not something explained in the Movie, this publisher either had to make it up or got it from somewhere.
    I think that is the backstory for the Driller in the novel, its sad that I don't remember it too well, after only reading the book a fortnight ago!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    And good luck on them trying to explain the events and plots of all three movies into one timeline.
    I'm sure that job is in the permanently "too hard" basket! However it must be said John Barber has done a fantastic job with the movie comic series.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by JuzMel View Post
    Have you got yours yet 5FDP?
    Sorry for the slow reply JuzMel - yes, I have received mine. I think it was a day or two after you received yours. Unfortunately The Book Depository have gone cheap lately with their packaging and my copy was damaged (one corner was bent). They have been nice enough to offer me a replacement at no charge. I've been thinking of off-loading the copy I have now as a prize.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

This looks pretty cool. I'm reminded of those old Star Wars visual dictionaries I used to spend hours poring over as a kid.

Anything on Dino in there?
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

$10 odd on book depository? Yes please

This arrived yesterday and I'm a bit disappointed by it.

To be fair I was expecting something closer to the old Star Wars visual dictionaries.