Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: TF5 Movie (2017) production & filming details

Isabela Mona with Squeaks (looks like a movieverse version of Fixit)
    Closeup of Squeaks' head

At the end of AoE I was hoping that the movieverse story would take a more scifi and potentially mature direction set off of Earth. It appears that I was wrong to hope for this.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Megatron and now Barricade... how many TFs are going to come back from the dead?

Are Ironhide, Ratchet and Starscream going to come back?
    Michael Bay doesn't care about that. Remember in ROTF Constructicons were killed at the very start yet they appeared anyways in the final battle. Michael Bay does not see the TFs as characters in a narrative but props to put in where he thinks they would look 'cool' in a set piece.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Isabela Mona with Squeaks (looks like a movieverse version of Fixit)
    Closeup of Squeaks' head

At the end of AoE I was hoping that the movieverse story would take a more scifi and potentially mature direction set off of Earth. It appears that I was wrong to hope for this.
    After 4 movies, really?

Photos from the Detroit film set, with the usual Bayhem and destruction.

And another Autobot from TF4 returns - Crosshairs.

Meanwhile on the Decepticon side, a better image of the Megatron head has been released, which shows Cybertronian writing on the head, saying "Megatron" and "Knight".
    If this means that Megatron is also a Knight, it is likely to cause more contradictions to his back-story trying to explain when he was one, and when he turned bad. The impression given so far about Megatron is that he was always bad.
    Actually, if the original version of the DOTM ending (from the book) was filmed (Megatron teamed up with Optimus to defeat Sentinel), it would make more sense that he was once good, and still has something left in him... but the previous four movies have never shown any trace of it.

Plot consistency? What plot consistency? We make billions with these eye-candy movies... they don't need to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

Me too.
    I actually like the idea of Bay-splosions in outer space. I think Michael Bay could do some epic battle sequences in immersive 3D with space and alien planets.
    I don't understand this fascination with staying Earth-bound or why they need so many humans in the story.

The more spoilers and teasers I see the less I like the direction the movie is going especially knowing the movie after this will be about Bumblebee (I'll have no interest in that one... I can barely tolerate his onscreen time in the normal movies). He's the one cast member they should kill off if they want to follow with the tradition of killing a major Autobot character in every movie since he's the last of the original team still standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    I don't understand this fascination with staying Earth-bound or why they need so many humans in the story.
    Keeping the action on Earth grounds the story - the Transformers are robots in disguise, after all, and makes the premise of alien robots more believable if they're in familiar environments. I wonder if extended space sequences in complex, entirely CGI environments might also be expensive, especially with the degree of photorealism expected of these movies.

The humans are there to be relatable/audience surrogates, since our world is the backdrop for these battles. The humans therefore have to be fleshed out enough for them to be relatable so we can see the Transformers through their eyes.

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'd say going into space is the next logical step. Part 4 set that up anyway.

I dont find anything in Bayformers grounded or relatable. Nearly all of the human characters are just nuts, like full on psychos.

Mr Left Cheek (Tyrese "Epps" Gibson) has now been confirmed to be returning to TF5.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Mr Left Cheek (Tyrese "Epps" Gibson) has now been confirmed to be returning to TF5.
    This is good to hear, I liked the team up of him and Dumahl
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    This is good to hear, I liked the team up of him and Dumahl
    Same here. Lennox and Epps were interesting to follow, and I got the impression that Tyrese Gibson and Josh Duhamel had good on-screen chemistry.