Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Swindle's Saleyard > Ebay listings & Dealer Ads > Business & Retailer Feedback

Sightings/Sales

Old 17th November 2017, 11:02 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropisetron View Post
Try amazon jp

Often their advertised price is not what you pay as they take a percentage off on checkout (probably due to tax exemption). And amazon ships them for much cheaper and does not take deposit until closer to release date. Their price beats HLJ and nippon yasan most of the time.

And you can actually cancel your preorder pretty easily...

Give it a go!
Very interesting info, I will check it out. Thanks.
Old 17th November 2017, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropisetron View Post
Try amazon jp
Actually that's something I've been wondering, is there any chance of getting a KO from amazon like one might ordering from ebay? I'm assuming that ordering from amazon themselves would be safe but MP Dirge for example says it comes from "Blue Nova" so are amazon sellers generally safer then ebay sellers?
Also had to lol at the amazon jp price for MP Dirge, ¥49,683. That's like nearly AU$600. Thanks but no thanks amazon
Old 18th November 2017, 03:58 AM

After getting my tax and getting through alot of issues I just thought, maaaybe I should get back onto pc getting my damn refunds, my anxiety and the fact the commonwealth bank wants me to ring them up are my biggest hurdles (tried emailing them, after a few exchanges I basically got "YOU SHOULD JUST GO RING OR YOU GET NOTHING"), doesn't help when I had my first attempt and they didn't even email me back despite giving explicit instructions to do so yeah...if its not pc its my bank and those emails also basically told me going into the branch wasn't going to yield much

Tell me, mp primal, oldest outstanding order, he's dead isn't he, I still have previous emails but would I need to send off more dead emails to pc? (and I saw what's going on here, not actually being able to do refunds themselves, what a terrible thing to do).

And what's the best thing to do with my orders, do them as one lot (as in ask them to make a case for each transaction in the one call) or ring up for EACH order, wait until results, then ring again once the case has been resolved/knocked back.

I purposely avoided this section as its given me nothing but dread discussing it, I even had a small tiff with another australian company recently but thankfully they did respond back...only after 3 ignored emails and wasn't until the third one was straight up "REFUND ME OR ELSE" (I'm poor over the phone but I'm better in text format provided the other person answers...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
Actually that's something I've been wondering, is there any chance of getting a KO from amazon like one might ordering from ebay? I'm assuming that ordering from amazon themselves would be safe but MP Dirge for example says it comes from "Blue Nova" so are amazon sellers generally safer then ebay sellers?
Also had to lol at the amazon jp price for MP Dirge, ¥49,683. That's like nearly AU$600. Thanks but no thanks amazon
Why not try mandarake at least, seen the mp coneheads between 11-16,000yen, to get an estimate on shipping make sure its from the "sahra" store, sure second hand but they let you know their conditions, sealed copies with box damage do float around but better condition means they'll charge more.

Otherwise there aren't any "ko" coneheads, you got third party ones with the closet one being yes model's take which is just a mp11 based mold retooled differently with either an original head or a mockery of ramjet's head between the 3.
Old 18th November 2017, 08:21 AM

Have kept reminding people, PLEASE go OVER all your orders and use day date calculator to see where you are at before you missed the chance is filing a chargeback.

DO NOT use "oh is only 100 days still have 20" as a safe rule. take in consideration that your banks screws you around.

And PC pricing is what I have totally cut out as a comparison rule officially.
So drop the idea and use realistic prices from multiple retailer that will deliver items. I actually find a lot of people still fixed on PC prices and will still use it as a comparison, which you need to drop that idea as is no longer a reliable source for collectors.
Old 18th November 2017, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
After getting my tax and getting through alot of issues I just thought, maaaybe I should get back onto pc getting my damn refunds, my anxiety and the fact the commonwealth bank wants me to ring them up are my biggest hurdles (tried emailing them, after a few exchanges I basically got "YOU SHOULD JUST GO RING OR YOU GET NOTHING"), doesn't help when I had my first attempt and they didn't even email me back despite giving explicit instructions to do so yeah...if its not pc its my bank and those emails also basically told me going into the branch wasn't going to yield much

Tell me, mp primal, oldest outstanding order, he's dead isn't he, I still have previous emails but would I need to send off more dead emails to pc? (and I saw what's going on here, not actually being able to do refunds themselves, what a terrible thing to do).

And what's the best thing to do with my orders, do them as one lot (as in ask them to make a case for each transaction in the one call) or ring up for EACH order, wait until results, then ring again once the case has been resolved/knocked back.
I can understand the feelings, I myself have anxieties like that and compiling all the info and making sure that it was attended to properly was very stressful, I wont lie, but it's done and I now have all of my money back.

Which MP Primal did you order, the first (32) or the newer (38)? 38 has an updated ETA on the PC website that puts it within 120 days so that version is an easy dispute. If it's 32 then you will need to find/get an update that shows delivery within the last 120 days, where payment is no older then 540 days ago. This is the basic principle for all items, check ETA on product page, if within 120 days dispute, if older then 120 days find an updated ETA on the PC blog posts or try and get an email out of him.

I'm not sure that there's much difference doing them all at once or doing them one by one. I did mine all at once and even though SD disputed some of the chargebacks it didn't affect the rest of them and I only needed to wait out the new time limit to have the money for the disputed ones as secured. Even if I had of lost those disputed chargebacks the rest of the money from the other items in the dispute was secure (I asked a senior dispute officer to make sure), so doing everything under one claim should be fine. Just make sure every item ETA has passed, you want to hold off doing chargebacks for items that havent reached the ETA unless either you have the email from PC saying your orders are cancelled or if the 540 days from payment limit is approaching.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
Otherwise there aren't any "ko" coneheads
I was meaning is there a chance of amazon selling KO's in general? And thanks I'll check mandarake, forgot that sometimes they sell new transformers as well as used.
Edit: Nope, sold out of Dirge, I'll check for the rest of the ones I'm missing later, again thanks for the tip/reminder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drifand View Post
So drop the idea and use realistic prices from multiple retailer that will deliver items. I actually find a lot of people still fixed on PC prices and will still use it as a comparison, which you need to drop that idea as is no longer a reliable source for collectors.
I think the issue is that in a lot of cases if we had of ordered these things elsewhere when they were first announced we would have either been paying close to PC price or would have had the time to save up and order (as most stores dont pre sell out as quickly as PC did, means more time to save). As it stands now all the items are out and have gone up in price, so even after getting those bank refunds it's still a matter of having to find half as much money again just to pay for the inflation, something that probably wouldnt have been as much of an issue if as I said we ordered from someone else when the items first were announced, so that's why I and many others are frustrated at having to pay more then what we originally did.
Old 18th November 2017, 11:10 AM

Mp-11 ND from PC was at really low price to begin with and in my honesty it was too good a price from PC to pass, but it did at that time whether I would bang on it being legit as everywhere else was about $30 more.

Prices for Dirge now are at $240-280 delivered. I was lucky enough to grab one at $210 knowing something doesn't seem right with PC. As stated, I was used to the USUAL two months wait, anything more it begs to question where are the items. MP-36 was the last straw as seeing only ONE member in OCTA reported getting it was ridiculous, that was the main cutting point of trust with the retailer when they reported still according to ETA on 9th May for all orders.
To me, it shows that they DONT even know how many MP-36 were coming in, or just leading us on that it is coming.

None of my other friends got Dirge nor MP-36 or any other masterpieces so to speak so it wasn't just my account I was basing my decision on and I could not justify to wait on.

For those of you that I have pmed, YOU know whats going on, and I wont say anything about it anymore on this thread. I am waiting on my last dispute and I will move on.

If you need help on CBA disputes, you guys can pm me anytime to have a look.
Old 18th November 2017, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifand View Post

I don't know if this is a shot at me because of my posts above it but if so I hope I was clear. I don't have any expectations of prices on anything. If I don't like the price of something I don't buy it. For example I don't expect to buy MP-11SW for the $185.95 I paid to PC but on the other hand there is no way I would pay $300 for it either. Others would but I won't.

That's why I am at a cross road. I wouldn't have ever bought all the seekers if it wasn't for PC prices. To be fair they delivered to me Thundercracker, Ramjet and Thrust for that $185.95 price. I also couldn't say no to some other characters that I may have skipped due to PC prices and availability. I was a very happy customer.

However it was also my downfall as I had been so happy with PC that I believed that they would still deliver when I should have seen the signs earlier and bought replacements when they were more available. Now they are prices I just can't justify. Thus my dilemma.
Old 18th November 2017, 07:34 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

You can still get many of these items on eBay at reasonable (but not bargain) prices, especially if you’re patient enough to wait for a % off voucher code from eBay. I ended up getting Mp11SW for about $225 delivered which, although pricier than PC, actually turned up.
Old 18th November 2017, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djanscak View Post
You can still get many of these items on eBay at reasonable (but not bargain) prices, especially if you’re patient enough to wait for a % off voucher code from eBay. I ended up getting Mp11SW for about $225 delivered which, although pricier than PC, actually turned up.
I've been burnt on eBay before unfortunately. Prior to PC coming around I was actually buying a lot of MP off eBay. Now I wouldn't buy Skywarp or Inferno due to KOs. Dirge I may though. Funnily enough for the first run of MP-11SW Skywarp I only dont have him because I got dudded on eBay three times!!! Thank God for Paypal. Moving to PC was actually an amazing change for me but now that's turned into a bust as well. So I was sticking to the bigger JP stores.
Old 18th November 2017, 08:54 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
Refusing a refund for a product they can't deliver is surely illegal. And it sounds like we have it in writing. Take THAT to Fair Trading or ACCC.
I wish we knew how many complaints against PC the ACCC and Fair Trading have.