Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New Transformers Movie toyline - Studio Series

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_Prime View Post
    I've just watched a couple of videos of the studio Bumblebee figure. The quality looks surprisingly bad, bits falling off etc.

By far the review by Balmatrix was the funniest, I literally laughed out loud at how raged he got.

It is disappointing though, I hope the other figures are of better quality. I might hang back and wait for the April release, with any luck any QC issues will have been resolved by then.
    Ok, well glad I didn't rush out and preorder Blackout in that case. This is the worst QC I've seen out of HasTak in years.

Thats bad news :/

Do you think there will come a time where people avoid tfs bcoz of quality issues? I wouldnt buy crap for my kids :<(

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I've just watched a couple of videos of the studio Bumblebee figure. The quality looks surprisingly bad, bits falling off etc.

By far the review by Balmatrix was the funniest, I literally laughed out loud at how raged he got.

It is disappointing though, I hope the other figures are of better quality. I might hang back and wait for the April release, with any luck any QC issues will have been resolved by then.
    Bit of an over reaction to it though, I actually ended up unsubscribing because of that :/

Regardless I usually expect wild qc from retail tf's so I'm trying to steadily get off them just to get out of this mess

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    That "new" starscream is just an upscale of the DOTM deluxe!

I mean, its amazing and all but really?

I got the movie advance one so unless they make an mpm I see no reason to get this
    True enough though you need to consider that Movie figures have a lot less retool potential than the Generations line so HasTak will try and cut corners where possible.

The first eight of the Japanese release of the Studio Series toys are now up on HLJ, for an April release, and all but one are already pre-soldout.
    (these are just the same toys and packaging as the Hasbro versions, but with stickers on the boxes with Japanese names and details)

SS-01 - Bumblebee Deluxe
    SS-02 - Stinger Deluxe
    SS-03 - Crowbar Deluxe
    SS-04 - Ratchet Deluxe
    SS-05 - Optimus Prime Voyager
    SS-06 - Starscream Voyager
    SS-07 - Grimlock Leader
    SS-08 - Blackout Leader

Bummer. Because Bumblebee and Stinger look like the only ones worth getting.........................provided they're cheap of course.

Any word on if these are hitting retail here?

I've watched a few video reviews of Stinger and am mega keen.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Any word on if these are hitting retail here?

I've watched a few video reviews of Stinger and am mega keen.
    Shelf tags for Deluxe and Voyager were seen at Kmart a couple of weeks ago, pre-emptively put out before the must have had stock in-hand.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Shelf tags for Deluxe and Voyager were seen at Kmart a couple of weeks ago, pre-emptively put out before the must have had stock in-hand.
    Thanks Griff
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Wait. I’m confused. Aren’t these Takara Tomy? Why would Kmart sell these?