Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 61621222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: February Finds

Quote Originally Posted by mknell View Post
    LOL Hursti that is the longest post ever, I'm not sure what they are called but they are Barricades now!!!!!
    Hehe, 'tis my thing it seems.
    Oh really?, sweet! - Seems a logical name to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    I'm a sucker for the Major too, GitS is part of why I studied Philosophy in the uni days. Must post pics of the Good Smile Tachikoma sometime.

Anyways, you can get an English translation of the manga, no time to search for a link sorry. Totally worth a read though a lot more lighthearted than the movie/series - not quite up there with the Akira manga but still awesome and with a few observations on Shirow's take on mecha/cyborgs.
    It really is a good 'think' series complimented with intelligent action and really awesome visuals.
    I have indeed found that there have been translations done for the mangas and very much intend on acquiring them; I've also managed to find a 2nd revision of the book that was 'censored' - said scene has been restored in all it's glory.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The English translations sometimes omit some of the, er, 'saucier' bits - most likely due to censorship or whatever.

Hursti: I have the original GitS manga - if you like I can bring it along next time we meetup if you wanna look at what was cut.
    Unfortunately, there was indeed a certain scene cut from the Darkhorse Translations but my investigations have lead to the discovery of a 2nd revision which restores it; Thank you very much for the offer Goki, if I haven't acquired them before hand I'll definitely get you to bring them along to the next meet.

This arrived today, courtesy of canofwhoopass_eightyseven

*snip*
    Oh nice; Congratulations Goki!
    I agree with your initial opinion of this particular figure being a little superfluous, but I imagine it is still pretty cool to own it now none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Aww,dammit...I got the censored version.
    Admittedly I'm really more into GitS for the philosophy and mech design, but it's still kind of a drag. Not quite worth getting another one just for the naughty bits though.
    Yeah I'd agree, as it's to my understanding that it doesn't actually bring anything to the story apart from breaking a later scene between Motoko and Bato but still I'm going to try and acquire that version as it is a contributing factor to the Major's personality at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    Censored version?

I have all three GitS books (1, 1.5 and 2) by Shirow Matsumune and they were done by Dark Horse.
    Yeah, the Dark Horse version is censored. Mine is published by Young Magazine Kaizokuban (Kodansha). It looks like this. I've compared it with a friend's Dark Horse version and the entire scene in question (p.52-55) is cut.
    Just to reiterate my comments above, there was a later revised version done that restored said scene/pages, though for obvious reasons it's a little tough to find - So Darkhorse did rectify it's mistake in the end but in a limited print fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    some goodies yesterday

*snip*
    (there is bumblebee liege!! )

*snip*
    (Thanks to canofwhoopass_87)

*snip*
    Oh man, congrats on both of those Targetmasters Sharky!; especially Cyclonus!
    I love G1 Cyclonus, ever since a kid and I think if I were to get any of the 'retooled targetmasters' it'd easily be Cyclonus as his Classicsverse figure really aids in making that decision - congrats on the replacement Pipes too dude.

Quote Originally Posted by GL-Sideswipe View Post
    Both my friend and I enjoyed picking up a TFP Soundwave from toys r us knox yesterday, more than pleased with the figure and so is my friend
    Congrats dude, I was very lucky myself in acquiring that figure - He's friggin' awesome huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Went for a walk at lunch and picked up

*snip*

it is a really nice presented Hard Cover.. will probably get rid of the TPB now...
    Ooh...
    Now, I've already got the original TPB but considering all the added bits and pieces in this Hardback version; I really think I might have to pick that up!

Congrats again dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    Thanks to whoopy for my boxed Scorpy and Red Alert... and another Scorpy from Britain.
    Holy crap!
    You don't do things by halves do you Geiger!?!

Massive congrats on acquiring not 1 but 2 Scorponoks Geiger , he's such an awesome figure but I shudder to imagine what they both cost in total to obtain - Just my single one owes me about $500 or so!

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Payday today, so got these guys. What the hey...

*snip*

I like Megatron. Optimus Prime isn't too bad. Their leg to hip ball joints are a bit loose though, so posing can be a bit of trouble. I want to see the First Edition just to see how these really stack up. Otherwise they aren't really that bad.
    Congrats Stompy!
    Prime I'm a bit iffy on too, though Megatron I'm quite warmed too even given his lack of paint apps; Prime's just not matching in the proportions of the show model, which I feel the First Edition achieves much better.

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    *snip*
    Oh man, very nice find there Loopy; Can't say I've seen one of those before!

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    My purchase for the week: Transformers Animated Freeway Jazz. Probably my favourite version of this mould - the dark grey really works well and the yellow headlights are beautiful. Very pleased.

*snip*
    Oh man, nice DD - Glad to see he's finally arrived!
    I'm not one for needless repaints, but that one doesn't look all to bad at all and I've still yet to of seen another asides from the pics of your own!

My acquisition was actually made on Thursday, but...
    An absolutely massive thanks must go out to LordCyrusOmega for scouting out and ensuring that this figure would find it's way into my possession ;
    • Transformers: Prime, (Deluxe) Decepticon - Soundwave!!!

I wont be posting Alt mode pics until my bloody display stand arrives, but, I am totally in love with this figure!
    He's got a really fun transformation and decent poseability considering his proportions and kibble, whilst also doing an excellent job in representing his on-screen appearance in both modes.

It was an absolute pleasure paying a bit of Impatience Tax on this figure and I honestly can't thank LordCyrus enough for his help either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    [/CENTER]

I wont be posting Alt mode pics until my bloody display stand arrives, but, I am totally in love with this figure!
    He's got a really fun transformation and decent poseability considering his proportions and kibble, whilst also doing an excellent job in representing his on-screen appearance in both modes.

It was an absolute pleasure paying a bit of Impatience Tax on this figure and I honestly can't thank LordCyrus enough for his help either.
    That is one ice cold looking robot!!
    Congrats..

^^^ is this first edition Soundwave?

HasTakTom didn't do Soundwave for FE, he's PRIDE only.

PRIDE?

Is he the Takara AM-09 Soundwave? He's dreamy

His show accuracy is very impressive!

A bit late on the posting of this one as have been doing a fair bit of E-bay shopping as i am Aquirering some TF's that i have been looking for. but got this on the week of the Parra fair.

so cranky will be posting a few more soon.....

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

Yeah I'd agree, as it's to my understanding that it doesn't actually bring anything to the story apart from breaking a later scene between Motoko and Bato but still I'm going to try and acquire that version as it is a contributing factor to the Major's personality at any rate.
    Yeah pretty much - it helps to flesh out the character, but it's not an absolute essential part of the plot. Also... mucho fan service.

Given that he's reportedly short packed and not easy to find - I don't blame you. I've only ever seen him in stores twice, and both times there were only one or two.

Quote Originally Posted by theheretic View Post
    PRIDE?
    That's what Odie calls Transformers Prime: Robots In Disguise. Prime Robots In Disguise... umm... I forget what the E stands for. Estonia?

Is he the Takara AM-09 Soundwave? He's dreamy
    He's the regular TF Prime RiD figure - available now at Toys R Us!

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    His show accuracy is very impressive!
    'cept for the lack of any logos.

That's a Hasbro paint job? I'm impressed!