Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 717222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: February Finds

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    That is one ice cold looking robot!!
    Congrats..
    Thanks man, I absolutely adore his treatment in this cartoon and especially after the latest episode!

Quote Originally Posted by theheretic View Post
    Is he the Takara AM-09 Soundwave? He's dreamy
    Unfortunately no, he is indeed the regular Hasbro version but I will agree that he is indeed a very dreamy figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    His show accuracy is very impressive!
    Isn't it? - I mean, factoring in that his on-screen proportions are so extreme in a lot of ways I am really glad that this figure has come at a time that it did; if this was 10 years ago I don't think he'd look anywhere near as good as he does.

Quote Originally Posted by crankcase76 View Post
    A bit late on the posting of this one as have been doing a fair bit of E-bay shopping as i am Aquirering some TF's that i have been looking for. but got this on the week of the Parra fair.

*snip*

so cranky will be posting a few more soon.....
    I still love seeing the last pic of him still in box, such a delicious looking thing it is!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yeah pretty much - it helps to flesh out the character, but it's not an absolute essential part of the plot. Also... mucho fan service.
    From what I'm lead to believe, fan service is a fairly accurate term.

Given that he's reportedly short packed and not easy to find - I don't blame you. I've only ever seen him in stores twice, and both times there were only one or two.
    ...Too right , not to mention that it's the same story with Wave 2 which is absolutely ridiculous as the BBs from Wave 1 will of still not left the shelves they're warming so why have yet another 3 BBs to a case!?!... Such ridiculousness IMO.

That's what Odie calls Transformers Prime: Robots In Disguise. Prime Robots In Disguise... umm... I forget what the E stands for. Estonia?
    I think the 'E' is whacked in to signify: Edition - Which would technically be a fan term at this point.

He's the regular TF Prime RiD figure - available now at Toys R Us!
    Yep, sure is - He's just lit and photographed in a way that accentuates his utter awesomeness!
    (I haven't been this enthralled with a figure since RTS Lugnut! )

'cept for the lack of any logos.
    I too was a little miffed by the absent little faction logos he has on his upper arm/shoulder, but then I think "Well, he is supposed to be an unmarked military surveillance drone..." which suites me fine.

That's a Hasbro paint job? I'm impressed!
    Believe it or not, he really does have a great deal of paint, but the plastic used is superb!
    His paint apps are comprised of some Magenta highlights, Black panelling and flaps, Royal Blue collar highlights and inner forearms as well as some Silver accents on his head.

Mind you, I'll still be very curious to see what the Takara version looks like as I'll likely grab it too for the bonus Micron figure; plus this mold really is worth a 2nd purchase.

PRIDE?
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    That's what Odie calls Transformers Prime: Robots In Disguise. Prime Robots In Disguise... umm... I forget what the E stands for. Estonia?
    Hursty's got it: Edition.
    We had Prime First Edition, now we have Prime Robots In Disguise Edition.
    TF PRIDE.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Hursty's got it: Edition.
    We had Prime First Edition, now we have Prime Robots In Disguise Edition.
    TF PRIDE.

I've thought of another fun way to describe the Prime RID toys, you just put Pr infront of each characters name eg.

The kids:

Priko
    Pralf
    Prack

Decepticons:

Pregatron (no wonder he's so chunky in the mid-region)
    Prarscream
    Proundwave
    Preakdown
    Prockout

Autobots:

Proptimus Prime
    Prulkhead
    Prumblebee
    Pratchet
    Prarcee

Took my time in uploading the pics......got home from holiday and the next day went back to work. Plus trying to recover from the flu I brought back from holidays

Anyway items were bought from various locations......eBay, AmiAmi, Mandarake, couple of places in Osaka and some Hong Kong shops.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    Took my time in uploading the pics......got home from holiday and the next day went back to work. Plus trying to recover from the flu I brought back from holidays

Anyway items were bought from various locations......eBay, AmiAmi, Mandarake, couple of places in Osaka and some Hong Kong shops.

*snip*
    Holy Shazbutt that's a haul!
    Big congratulations Valkyrie on that incredible haul, those bracelets are so obscurely cool but the knock out would have to be Blue Bacchus and the 2 Headmasters! - Well done.

These are my only 2 acqusitions this month.

I got my brother to grab Wheeljack for me yesterday and DOTM Vortex was part of a cancelled order I placed, then months later they invoiced me and shipped him out. YAY

Even if they're only 2 Aqua those are two sweet as acquisitions!!

Almost forgot to post a pic of this, mentioned earlier and arrived a few days ago - something Hursty would want to add to his menagerie of Soundwaves....

One gripe about it though, is that it's worth a lot for such a small sized, paintless figure
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Thanks Leige, that Deluxe Soundwave is a pretty cool acquisition. I doubt he'll be here this month, but I have a HA Soundwave on the way. I even bought a Legends class ROTF Ravage for him to have as a friend on the display shelf

Are you going to unbox him? PICS DAMNIT!!!

Soundwave superior, Hercules inferior

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua Prime View Post
    Thanks Leige, that Deluxe Soundwave is a pretty cool acquisition.
    He has a pretty neat Mech Tech Weapon too. If only it could be locked in deployed position. But out of that wave I'd say he has the nicest single Mechtech weapon. Quejack has lots of accessories/weapons -- and Leadfoot's the least interesting cos it's just a repaint of Ratchet's Mechtech weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua Prime View Post
    Are you going to unbox him? PICS DAMNIT!!!
    I posted photos of my Soundwave earlier this month here -- well, they're mixed up with my Japan photos.

Edit: I've posted just the Soundwave ones on the Action Pose thread to save you the trouble of sifting through all the non-Soundwave pics for ya.

Im gonna unbox him AP.... but not anytime soon. Ive run out of places to put in my collection room.... need to change all my shelves to the same ones Ive got my G1s on or at least same shelving as my classics figures. All my movie toys are in storage along with the Unicron trilogy stuff

For now he will be stored along with the 3 wrecker bots and Movie Skyhammer. The only DOTM bots Ive got loose running around are the Cyberverse legends ( and playsets) , Laserbeak and Shockwave ( he will soon join storage once I got me a FOC Shockwave). So just ogle at Goki's pics for now - ooooh ramen! What's your topping on that rice Gok?

Once new shelves are obtained I can finally again display all my TFs and only the doubles (MISC- I blame 5FDP) in storage as was before....Ive yet to save for the shelves . BUt I gotta coz Tf Prime needs shelves ofor their own... gaaaaah!!

Oh and valkyrie76 hates money... really he does... just look at that spread - he really really really hates money he's giving them away
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]