Page 473 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 453463468469470471472473474475476477478483493 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,730 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    What's eBay, precious?
    I was referring to normal store prices, not inflated aftermarket prices. FE was only released in Dec/Jan... they can't be sold out in regular stores unless they're being massively scalped! But I would strongly advise never paying scalper prices. Better off getting PRiD than giving a cent to a scalper.
    If you can find me a FE cliffjumper for under $40 shipped I'll buy it .
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

My FEs all cost me approx. AU$17~20 from Toys R Us (in HK and JP). Can't imagine it exceeding $40 with postage. I must confess that I haven't paid much attention to First Edition since mid-January as I'd completed my FE collecting by then - they were in plentiful supply in stores then, but not sure if they are now. Considering that they only came out a few months ago, if they're in short supply now then I suspect the work of ruthless scalpers.

But I'm not a great fan of paying above RRP for a toy, so if you can't find FE Cliffy for RRP then by all means go for PRiD Cliffy. FE Cliffjumper is an excellent Deluxe -- but at the end of the day, he's only a Deluxe; worth $30... $40 tops if you're really desperate and not a dollar more. Besides, Kmart's selling PRiD Deluxes cheap for about $23 atm.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    My FEs all cost me approx. AU$17~20 from Toys R Us (in HK and JP). Can't imagine it exceeding $40 with postage. I must confess that I haven't paid much attention to First Edition since mid-January as I'd completed my FE collecting by then - they were in plentiful supply in stores then, but not sure if they are now. Considering that they only came out a few months ago, if they're in short supply now then I suspect the work of ruthless scalpers.

But I'm not a great fan of paying above RRP for a toy, so if you can't find FE Cliffy for RRP then by all means go for PRiD Cliffy. FE Cliffjumper is an excellent Deluxe -- but at the end of the day, he's only a Deluxe; worth $30... $40 tops if you're really desperate and not a dollar more. Besides, Kmart's selling PRiD Deluxes cheap for about $23 atm.
    I wish I"d had that opportunity, since Hasbro confirmed that they would not be releasing them anywhere other than TRU and in limited supply which has totally dried up in the states and Canada, the aftermarket price for all the FE toys has gone through the roof. It's very much a scalpers world out there right now.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I've got a question about the IDW Collection Hardcovers. I had a flick through Volume one in store (at a Dymocks) and I was impressed with the presentation. Are all the volumes of equal quality? Importantly are there any issues with page spreads being hard to read (see some recent problems of DC hardcovers for instance)?

I'm not convinced about collecting them all (as I have hardcovers featuring everything sold before AHM and hardcovers of AHM and Wreckers) but I might start buying them for the more recent IDW stuff (since Premiere Hardcover Volume 3 doesn't look it's coming).

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I've got a question about the IDW Collection Hardcovers. I had a flick through Volume one in store (at a Dymocks) and I was impressed with the presentation. Are all the volumes of equal quality? Importantly are there any issues with page spreads being hard to read (see some recent problems of DC hardcovers for instance)?

I'm not convinced about collecting them all (as I have hardcovers featuring everything sold before AHM and hardcovers of AHM and Wreckers) but I might start buying them for the more recent IDW stuff (since Premiere Hardcover Volume 3 doesn't look it's coming).
    All are high quality, and thankfully, NOTHING like DC and their damn mousetrap binding (I hate having to fight the book just to read Hawkman, damnit.)

The only oddity is just so inconsequential, but it's literally the ONLY negative I can think of. One of the volumes doesn't have a ribbon. Gasp. Shocking, I know.

I have both volumes of the Premiere Editions, and while they were great, they were also too big to be read comfortably, and if you dropped them, you'd put a hole through to China.

The IDW Collections are still oversized, but are much lighter, and an overall more pleasant reading experience.

I recommend them.

EDIT: Oops, just saw the Premiere Edition comment of yours. Yeah, Premiere aren't being done anymore. Personally, I'm fine with that, because the two we did get tell a complete enough story to satisfy me.

I also have all the single issues, regular trades, the digests, Premiere Editions, and the IDW Collections.

When I want to read something, I grab the IDW Collections for it, over any other version.

Thanks for that answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    I have both volumes of the Premiere Editions, and while they were great, they were also too big to be read comfortably, and if you dropped them, you'd put a hole through to China. ... Personally, I'm fine with that, because the two we did get tell a complete enough story to satisfy me.
    I agree. Those books are nice to have but aren't something you read easily. I'm a little bugged that the second doesn't include Maximum Dinobots because that would have wrapped up all the Furman/pre-AHM storylines nicely into the two books. That story would have seemed out of place in a Volume 3 - which is what I thought the AHM hardcover was going to be.

I'm only missing the issues from Ongoing #7 forward in a collected format now (oh and Spotlight: Prowl but meh), so I should be right if I start buying the Collections from Volume 7. And then we'll see if I cave in and collect the others, although Volume 5 seems superfluous when I have the AHM hardcover.

And I'm still wondering where Movie Collection Vol 3 is... I purposely didn't buy the DOTM tie-in comics expecting that volume will appear eventually.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Those movie collections didn't sell all that well, so I wouldn't be surprised if they'd cancelled any further volumes.

If you were planning on getting volumes 4 and 5 of the IDW collections, I'd probably be inclined to grab them soonish, as they seem to be getting harder to get.

Of course, you don't need volume 5 seeing you have the AHM hc.

I don't know if you get omniboo from other companies, but I personally think Marvel's are the gold standard, with IDW closely behind (I think it's the covers that do it for me, Marvel's are nicely stamped with a dustjacket, whereas IDW's are just printed on the hardcover itself. And of course, DC is now just not stamping anything on the actual cover itself, so if you lost the dustjacket, good luck finding which one you wanted on the shelf!).

Marvel's presentation is just that little bit nicer.

But there's nothing negative about the IDW Collections. They're well worth it, and a lot cheaper than Marvel omniboo, and miles and miles and miles above the awful quality from DC.

You'll definitely be happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I wish I"d had that opportunity, since Hasbro confirmed that they would not be releasing them anywhere other than TRU and in limited supply which has totally dried up in the states and Canada, the aftermarket price for all the FE toys has gone through the roof. It's very much a scalpers world out there right now.
    While I was able to pick up my Japanese FEs from Japan, I didn't do so with my Hasbro FEs from HK. I'd actually gotten a contact in HK to run around and get those toys for me (along w/ Generations Sky Shadow and Junkheap) and send them to me. So physically travelling overseas to get these toys isn't necessary (and would offset the cost of getting them at RRP unless you were already going to be there anyway) -- if you know anyone in say Japan, HK, Singapore etc. you could try asking them if they'd be willing to help you out.

Just a suggestion. But yeah, as I said before, if you can't get the FEs for RRP then I wouldn't bother (I'd rather get the PRiDs at Kmart).

Dumb question regarding WFC for the PS3:

How does the control method work in regards to aiming? Is it free movement like if you were using a mouse (only with the thumb stick) or do you auto aim by trigger as you would in Gears of War?

Does anyone know who Hasbro's liaison is with the dudes at IDW?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...