Thread: RiD app update Feb 2017, new characters

Default RiD app update Feb 2017, new characters

One again the RiD smartphone app has recievend an update.

and once again that update brings with it some new characters.

while there aren't many new characters this time (no warriors, Legions or One Steps for example. some of what has been added is kind of neat.)

Let's get into it.

New Combiner/Activators

we already knew Combiner Soundwave w/ Activaotr Laserbeak was coming, but they've only just found their way to the game.

Combiner Soundwave

"Torpedo" Laserbeak

Meanwhile it appears Optimus Prime will be getting a Combiner toy in a future wave too. and by process of elimination, it would appear his partner will be the minicon Hi-Test (reference to Hi-Q?)

Combiner Optimus Prime

Activator Hi-Test

New Crash Combiners

Lunar Force Primestrong (A repaint of PrimeStrong

Shocknado (who appears to be a repaint of SkyHammer, although the character artwork on the side of the screen shows a more unique design)

DragBreak (new moulds)

New Crash Combiner / Combiner Teams

Not sure what to call these guys, the game refers to them as crash combiners, but we've seen listings of combiner teams as well, and that seems to be what these guys are. since they appear to consist of more characters than the energon style top and bottom Crash Combiners.

Ultra Bee

Menasor

Galvatronus

Pictures from the character list menus. oddly, despite being an activator. Laserbeak is listed with the Torpedoes

Could some of this be what we'll be seeing at Toy Fair in a few days?

Galvatronus... That is pretty darn cool

Shocknado? Sounds like sharknado...

Finally an update... I'll have to see if I can update mine when I get home and unlock these completely.

A month later I finally processed the images that have been sitting on my computer all this time....

Nothing new with the main map, and still no new games.

The roster expands to 68...

The new additions that were noted above, are the Combiner Teams, the Crash Combiners, and Activators. (some have the wrong labels on them)

The first three Combiner teams - Galvatronus, Menasor and Ultra Bee.

The next wave of Crash Combiners - Dragbreak, Lunar Force Primestrong, Shocknado.

And the next wave of Activators - Optimus (with Hi-Test), and Soundwave (with Laserbeak).
    It's worth noting that Optimus, like Activator Bumblebee from the last update, looks like the new 3-step toy, not the Activator toy.

Toys of the third wave of Activator Combiners (Optimus and Soundwave), revealed over two months ago on the game app, have now finally been seen as toys, in packaging... from an Asian website, so are probably out in Asia now.

A photo gallery of the Activator Soundwave (with Laserbeak).

We tried scanning in the latest warrior class CF figures but none are in the game yet - they just gave us tickets to get older characters permanently

It looks like the half-assed update back in February 2017 (no new games and errors/bugs with some characters that were never fixed), was the last update to the RID game app... because some time this month, it will be taken down from the app stores. So if you want this game on your device, you don't have long to download it.

Even though I haven't played it for a while, it was a fun little (simple) game, but I was more excited about the "game" of unlocking characters from those scanning icons. Not only from the toys I bought, but also from conventions and product displays (I would photograph the scanning icons at BotCon, or look for them in people's photos of SDCC & New York Toyfair).
    It really was utilising the "collect them all" gimmick, and I'd like to see it incorporated again in the future somehow (in a game or somewhere else).