Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommended shelving?

@UltraMarginal: That is a sweet display cabinet man.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    @UltraMarginal: That is a sweet display cabinet man.
    thanks Hursti, it looks a lot better when it's not half full of closed up/dismantled toys.

Once we're settled in the new place I'm going to be documenting the collection so you should get a better look at it then. btw my wife bought the cabinet for me for a Christmas pressie 2 years ago.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

So what is that shelf called UMgnal? and also all of the shelves are movable? except for the ones in the middle part.... Sigh, Ive still to get Detolfs, shame Ikea doesnt do online selling. As a perennial pedestrian, getting to their local store is a nightmare more so getting things home. But roaming around in their shop, looking at displays and house stuff is wonderful (except for my wallet)
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I found these with a quick google search, this is the IKEA BILLY range, so the main casing is wood but the shelves and doors are both glass.

Picture
    Picture
    Picture

nice!! so the shelves are glass as well.... you can buy them at Ikea (individual shelves) right?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Ive still to get Detolfs, shame Ikea doesnt do online selling.
    They do! You can shop online. They also have delivery. I'd even had stuff delivered from Adelaide to here in Mildura.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    nice!! so the shelves are glass as well.... you can buy them at Ikea (individual shelves) right?
    That is correct.

From Jenas Post above:

the first pic is a lighter version of what I have x 3 with added down lights in the top. note that there is just the one wooden shelf in the middle that is fixed, all the others are supplied in the flat pack as wood but you can buy extra glass ones and swap them out.

The second Pic is again a lighter version of what I have x4 with Shelving extensions on the top, and a corner unit as well. and a fortunes worth of Glass shelves...

the third pic is pretty much exactly what I have, even a similar collection

the Billy system is here, the link is a start, there are tonnes of combos of shelving and doors and colours if you dig deep enough.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    They do! You can shop online. They also have delivery. I'd even had stuff delivered from Adelaide to here in Mildura.
    Unfortunately, IKEA do not provide online shopping. This from their website (Ask Anna):
    At this stage we do not offer internet, phone or mail ordering services. Should our IKEA AU stores chose to introduce these services, it would mean we would need to factor the costs into our retail prices. As you would appreciate, we prefer to restrict these services to provide our customers the lowest possible prices for our products.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    the third pic is pretty much exactly what I have, even a similar collection
    This is pretty much exactly what I have in mind for my prime main display cabinet in my new place. And I'm thinking Detof for my large showcase items (eg Fort Max, Scorponok, Overlord, Predaking, Unicron). Can't wait to have stuff on display at last.