Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 304045464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic book thread ON!

XMan is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yeah the original, not the new with Dazzler one that was recently cancelled with the 11 evil Xaviers

I'm a bit of a completest, so I'll prob wanna get all of them, but I understand the reasons it fell apart after the first 8 or so issues, editorial inteference, Grant Morisson's New X-Men and the so called for Marvel to want to re-vamp after re-vamp or something.

Always felt Larroca's art was fantastic compared to his later Uncanny run, up until Invincible Iron Man.

I prefer the first three volumes to the later ones.

The hardest volume to find is number 4, which reprinted the Mekanix (Kitty goes to college) limited series. I've been trying to find a copy to replace my single issues but cant find one under $50 in the last year.

Theres often a complete set of trades listed on eBay (it's been relisted and unsold several times) that might be worth having a search for if you are after all the volumes.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I can check to see which later volumes I still have.

The later ones do nothing for me, so they may as well be enjoyed by someone else.

And I've always got the single issues if I got really desperate to reread that stuff.

Sailor Moon vol 12 arrived today, completing the main storyline in the latest english translation.

Just two more short story volumes to go now to be absolutely complete.

These are great quality and much nicer than the Mixx versions, and a bit more accurate too with the naming.

I've never read all of StarS (or seen the Anime) so I need to start a complete reread someday soon.

wow... just read Marvel's going to reprint Miracleman AND publish the uncompleted Silver Age storyline.... never thought I'd see the day

Wonder if I should sell the original issues now?

Image Comics has 50% off their digital comics until Monday.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Wolverine and the X-Men #41 is a thing of beauty.

I just felt that needed to be said. Also, Death's Head has his own comic today for the first time in so long, and it's drawn by Nick Roche. So it's a good week to head down to the comic shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Wolverine and the X-Men #41 is a thing of beauty.

I just felt that needed to be said. Also, Death's Head has his own comic today for the first time in so long, and it's drawn by Nick Roche. So it's a good week to head down to the comic shop.
    And a good read too I want more deaths head.. Revolutionary War has been a good read all over.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I used to collect X-Men comics back in the day (and foolishly gave them all away) and I still pick up the odd 'The Tick' comic as, well, The Tick freaking rocks - SPOON!!!

I dont really buy non-TF comics since my TF obession takes up so much of my spare dosh, so I've been reading Deadpool comics people have uploaded. Some beautiful story arcs! Deadpool trapsing through the multiverse collecting other Deadpools, Deadpool vs The Hulk, Deadpool vs The Zombie Marvel Universe etc.

My favorite has to be 'Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe" where he realises they are all in a comic, there is no point to life and sets about killing every single character. Blows up the X-Men, tortures Professor X to death, shoots Spiderman through the skull, crushes Thor to death by enlarging his hammer with tech he stole from from Dr Pym (who he then killed ) and so on.

Now Deadpool and The Tick together would = FUNNIEST COMIC EVER!!

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    a little off topic but Paul are you reading superman/batman comic ,art by Jae lee? is it any good?
    I'm not a DC buyer, but I read the books the library gets in. That said I've barely read anything New-52. So I can't comment. But someone else might?