Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: Bay to do TMNT

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    No you can't. They'll probably be samurai.
    LOL!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Sorry this is not funny anymore.

Here's what Michael Bay had to say about the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie he's producing:
    I just vomited in my mouth a lil.

Childlike Renaissance Alien People!
    Heroes in a spaceship. Alien power!

(Since Mr Bay will need a new acronym for TMNT, I'm offering him the above intellectual property for free.)

Anyway, we all know what franchise Mr Bay is most suited for next...

My Big Brony: Bromance is Explosive.

Spike - a dragon played by Shia LeBeouf - has lived his life as Twilight Sparkle's bitch. Prince Blueblood tells Spike to stop being such a pussy and learn how to be a man. Spike shoots Twilight Sparkle in the face, then escapes on a hero's journey to find himself some balls. On his way he meets Big Macintosh, Iron Will, Soarin', Chief Thunderhooves and Tank. They teach him the bromance of bronyism and - most of all - the unbridled joy of just blowing shit up.

Rated MA15+.

Reading that link about the Juvenile Renaissance Extra-Terrestrials made me - but the greater concern is whether or not Bay will bother to treat the "Turtles" as characters or just as creatures with little to no character depth. Cos that's basically what he did with the Transformers where the humans got way more character development than any Cybertronian. (-_-)

If it's gonna be like Transformers, then April O'Neil's not gonna get much characterisation... she'll be some "hawt" girl in tight clothes with lots of gratituous shots of her body but otherwise little character substance; she'll be a supporting character to the protagonist - Casey Jones. There ya go.

The recent CGI TMNT movie had what I thought was fairly decent character development and story line considering it was targeted at the kids market. I like how the movie started off with the Turtles at a "down point" -- Raphael's in self-imposed exile and the other turtles retreat into themselves as a means of coping with the breakdown of their family. Then we had the epic fall-out between Leonardo and Raphael, both expressing their anger and hate toward each other - but when Leonardo is abducted then we see Raphael rise to the occasion as he rejoins the other Turtles, Splinter, April and Casey in mounting a rescue mission. Also the story's antagonist turns out to actually be a good guy trying to undo his past sins. This animated kids' cartoon movie had way more story & character integrity than the entire Bay TF trilogy combined.

P.S.: Michael Bay's response to TMNT fan rage

Default Michael Bay: The turtles are an alien race in TMNT reboot

First our beloved transformers now our beloved tmnt.
    whats next?
    I really hope this doesn't go through. A lot of ppl will be angry.
    I'd be angry at nicolodean for allowing him to destroy my childhood hero's in a half shell.
    http://www.flixist.com/michael-bay-t...t-207900.phtml

Vgm out...

Quote Originally Posted by VGMStudios View Post
    destroy my childhood
    huh? so Michael Bay is going back in time to wipe your childhood from existance?

Quote Originally Posted by VGMStudios View Post
    First our beloved transformers now our beloved tmnt.
    whats next?
    I really hope this doesn't go through. A lot of ppl will be angry.
    I'd be angry at nicolodean for allowing him to destroy my childhood hero's in a half shell.
    http://www.flixist.com/michael-bay-t...t-207900.phtml

Vgm out...
    FRACK!

teenage mutant ninja turtles implies THEY'RE MUTANTS AND THEY'RE TURTLES (it's in the theme song)- hence should be from EARTH!

Shame on nicktoons for allowing this, and damn bay for working with it.
    "I was expecting a giant car."

[COLOR="STUFF FOR SALE [/B][/COLOR]

Non-TF SALE

TRANSFORMERS SALE!

Quote Originally Posted by kristofferrer View Post
    FRACK!

teenage mutant ninja turtles implies THEY'RE MUTANTS AND THEY'RE TURTLES (it's in the theme song)- hence should be from EARTH!

Shame on nicktoons for allowing this, and damn bay for working with it.
    So Mutants and Turtles can't be from any other planet? Expand your horizons son.

I loved the turtles when I was younger and this is only good news about the movie for me.

TMZ did a feature on it, on their TV show, referring to some of there website articles.

Here
    Here
    and here

I hate this as much as you guys, but the guy ain't writing or directing this movie though, is he?

Platinum Dunes is simply producing?