Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: MP-21R Red Bumblebee

Default MP-21R Red Bumblebee

A scan of one of this month's Japanese hobby magazines has surfaced, with a reveal of the next redeco of the MP-21 Bumblebee toy - a red version.

The translation apparently says Red Bumble(bee), NOT Cliff(jumper).
    It sorta homages the original Gen1 Bumblebee toy being released in yellow AND red, not the usual lazy stand-in for Cliffjumper.

A release date of December, at 5940 yen.

That gives us one per month from Japan for the last seven months of the year, with a couple being limited edition releases.

June - Convoy reissue
    July - Gold Bumble(bee)
    August - Blue Bluestreak (limited release)
    September - Tracks
    October - Road Rage
    November - Thundercracker (limited release)
    December - Red Bumble(bee)

He shall be Masterpiece G1 Stinger
    Strange they went with just a red bumblebee instead of cliff jumper

Hopefully an MP Cliffjumper will be made. My MP Bumblebee is lonely

Then again I don't have much Masterpiece figures, and don't plan to have much either
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    He shall be Masterpiece G1 Stinger
    Strange they went with just a red bumblebee instead of cliff jumper
    Maybe this means they have a MP Cliffjumper in the works, or they just don't want to prevent one by having a mere red Bumblebee as Cliffjumper.

Then again, they did it with Ultra Magnus (MP-2 as a mere redeco of Optimus, and then a new mould MP-22)... but it was a ten year gap, so back when MP-2 was released, TakaraTomy probably never expected they'd ever do a proper Ultra Magnus. Now though, the line is so expanse and popular, any toy character is pretty much popular to not want to risk ruling anyone else out in future.
    This just helps them milk the Bumblebee mould before moving on to milking other moulds.

I have completely stopped buying transformers for a while, but so many damn MP that I wanna buy. Oh well, when my finances are better, I will have to catch up.

I think the Red Bumblebee is a great idea, it's hard to say if Cliffy will be in the works due to licensing but if they do release him I guess we will see the whole run that they have done with Bee, G1, G2 , G1 Alt colour I don't mind the extended use of moulds.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

It says this will be a Cybertron Satellite promotion and I have no idea if online stores are stocking these like the Dark Guard Optimus (TF Prime First Edition Redeco)

How common or rare was the original G1 red Bumblebee?

On Cliffjumper: remember, G1 Cliffjumper is a different car - a Porsche 924 - with very different proportions to a VW Beetle, and since TakaraTOMY seems to be committed to making realistic vehicles for the G1 MPs, it seems unlikely (to me, at least) that they'll simply retool a Bumblebee to make Cliffjumper.

Meh, another lazy repaint to make a non character
    More money saved

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    How common or rare was the original G1 red Bumblebee?

On Cliffjumper: remember, G1 Cliffjumper is a different car - a Porsche 924 - with very different proportions to a VW Beetle, and since TakaraTOMY seems to be committed to making realistic vehicles for the G1 MPs, it seems unlikely (to me, at least) that they'll simply retool a Bumblebee to make Cliffjumper.
    You're right, they are different vehicles, but I still think that MP BBee can still successfully be (extensively) retooled into an MP Cliffjumper.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!