Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Re-Tooled Generations Kup & Scourge

Interesting..........very interesting.

Nice!

Def will pick em up. I wonder if the Hasbro retools will be offered in the united line?

My OCD is going nuts- for characters such as the speculated black shadow and this leozack will we ever get more of classics versions of characters from the same era/continuity/show other than repaints? I hope we do. Otherwise what's the point?

It does look like it's trying to be the head of Gears's character model. Plus, after a quarter of a century of nothing, they've recently released two toys with his name, so they might have him fresh in their minds. The only reason not to do Gears would be that his colour scheme might be too close to Kup's.

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    Nice!

Def will pick em up. I wonder if the Hasbro retools will be offered in the united line?
    There shouldn't be any reason why they wouldn't considering both Drift and Blurr will be available as United releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    There shouldn't be any reason why they wouldn't considering both Drift and Blurr will be available as United releases.
    As well as Cybertronian BB & CJ.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    My guess on the retools:

Kup --> Orion Pax?
    Scourge --> Leozack?
    These seem like good guesses, I will go with them. Escpecially since the latter was a Japanese character, much like Black Shadow was. Didn't someone mention that Hasbro and TakTom had that in an agreement to do a retool that was originally a Japanese character?

As has already been suggested, the Kup retool could be Orion Pax who has a roundish head.
    The Scourge retool I think is either Ratbat or Mindwipe. The alt mode of Scourge could almost look like a bat if it was in darker colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    The Scourge retool I think is either Ratbat or Mindwipe. The alt mode of Scourge could almost look like a bat if it was in darker colors.
    Those were the first two I thought also. The head reminds me more of a bat than a lion's head, and if anything it looks the spitting image of Senator Ratbat from IDW's 'Megatron: Origin'. Even though I'd love another Leozack, my Botcon figure will do me just fine (by far my favourite). Plus, the alt mode doesn't seem to fit for Leozack.

I must admit all these ideas sound possible, and with Hasbro who knows......

Scourge seems to swing either way between Ratbat and Leozack, I like the idea of Leozack but Ratbat seems more likely, Alt mode considered.
    I don't like the idea of Kup being Gears as it's too far a departure IMO, Orion Pax makes far better sense to me.

I'm definitely not against more Retools/Repaints that are in favour of Japanese characters though, bring 'em on!