Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 日本語会話: The Japanese Conversation Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 日本語会話: The Japanese Conversation Thread

日本語会話を練習するためにこのスレッドを作りました。日本語が分かる者はどうぞこのスレッドに日本語を使 ってください。こちらからよろしくお願いします。m(__)m

I've made this thread for online Japanese conversation practice. Non-Japanese speakers are also welcome to post any Japanese language related questions/comments.

sigh, unfortunately my computer doesnt show the katakana or something symbols
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

yukitora Guest

yay! now i can continue with my anime work! i don't know where my dictionary is so, what is 'uki uki' and 'biko' as in 'biko-neko'. sorry, there words relating to my work, and they sometimes are from memory.

ウキウキ(uki-uki) is an onomatopoeia for joy or happiness.

"bikoneko" might be 美子猫 which means "pretty kitty."
    美 (bi) = pretty, beauty
    子猫 (koneko) = kitten

yukitora Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ウキウキ(uki-uki) is an onomatopoeia for joy or happiness.

"bikoneko" might be 美子猫 which means "pretty kitty."
    美 (bi) = pretty, beauty
    子猫 (koneko) = kitten

yep... that brings back memories. thanks for the grammer i forgot that 'bi' was seperate. as for 'uki uki' it rhymes with 'yuki' so, 'uki uki Yuki'. my icon pic doesn't show an 'uki uki yuki'(tora) just a blanked faced 'Yuki'(tora)!

Also, what is 'Kirameku'. I've lost my notes and arn't sure on what it means exactly. (got it out of a kanji book) is it 'shining, sparkling or glittering?'

many thanks

Yes, きらめく (kirameku) means shining, sparkling, glittering, twinkling etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    can anyone tell me the correct characters/translation for:
    Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy and Cultural Studies
    and
    Graduate Diploma of Education (Adult and Tertiary)?
    Offhand I'd say that BA Philosophy & Cultural Studies might be 哲学と文化学文学士号 and Diploma in Education might be 教育専門士; please give me some time to double check these translations.

Otherwise, you could just say 哲学学部・文学学科, cos that would be similar to what was written on my student ID when I did my undergraduate study in Japan (mine was 外国語学部・日本語学科). I did my post grad study in Australia and not Japan -- so I'm not entirely sure about the names of post graduate courses in Japanese... so I'll have to check on that.

Cheers Goki, having checked those off against the wonders of Google Translate the BA is spot on, while the Grad Dip Ed is coming up as 成人教育の卒業証書

For anyone who's interested the site is here http://translate.google.com/ but it's only up 'til November for reasons of purported abuse. Pity 'cos it puts Babelfish to shame so far.

Well, I'm off to Japan agian tomorrow to visit a friend who's studying abroad

so i need to figure out how to get to where he lives

could someone tell me how to ask "how do i get to shin-yokohama station" or "which train line takes me to shin-yokohama station"

I've missed my last few weeks of Japanese class and now my mind has gone blank on how to ask for directions

Goki Sempai ... (or someone else who is good at Japanese) I have another japanese question

could someone explain the term "Aniki" for me

I've heard it means big brother, but I've also heard it is a term only/mainly used by the Yakuza