1 3.70%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

1 3.70%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Avengers Endgame SPOILER discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    1. Captain Marvel's character felt too overpowered and unnecessary, like she was only there to solve problems and then just fly off.
    Yeah, I'd agree with that. Although she was pretty much OP in the Captain Marvel movie too, so I'm not sure why this comes as a surprise. On the plus side I did like how the story used her more sparingly and gave the reason that she had obligations to save people in the rest of the galaxy; that people in worlds across the universe were suffering as people on Earth were. And she would only come back when absolutely necessary, and even then she was unable to stop Thanos.

2. There are a few plot holes in the film (I hope it was just 2014 Nebula being injured and not actually dying), but Thanos dying confuses me. Did he die, or was he just sent back to 2014? If he did die, does someone bring him back in the future, or in the past? This brings more questions than answers.
    Past Thanos is dead.

4. Biggest complaint about the film. NO END CREDITS SCENE!!!
    This is your biggest complaint?!? That the film ended just normally?! Wow... if that was the biggest problem with Bayformers...

I felt they undercooked captain marvel after making her so overpowered in her own film. She was a taxi dues ex machine for the pre time skip then a human super missile in the final battle. Between her, scarlet witch and a pissed off Cap, Thanos should’ve been wiped out. Doctor Strange was wasted holding water back, as he could’ve really don’t some damage too.

I would’ve liked some clever death scenes for the children of thanos, ant man stepping on some big guys was fun but unimpressive!

I was hoping for wolverine in the “is that everybody” segment. Knew it was never going to happen, but I wanted it. (Or even a shot of deadpool in the far background going past a portal.

Also I would’ve liked to see Sean gunn’s character piloting a ravaged ship or something.

It’s a shame Nova Prime and the corps is gone, Xandar gone with only the briefest of mentions.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Saw it, enjoyed probably liked IW a bit more.
    But no Stan Lee in memory of, probably saving it for far from home, but still.....

I'm sure everyone noticed Stan Lee's final cameo, however perhaps not everyone noticed the bumper sticker that read, "Nuff Said."

I may be remembering incorrectly, but didn't Captain Marvel have an "in memory of Stan Lee" thing? Not sure.

Note: Captain Marvel was actually filmed after Endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    Saw it, enjoyed probably liked IW a bit more.
    But no Stan Lee in memory of, probably saving it for far from home, but still.....
    Stan Lee’s main tribute was in the intro of Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Stan Lee’s main tribute was in the intro of Captain Marvel.
    Ah, haven't seen it yet. Still with what Endgame means to everyone I would of thought it would of meant more

WOW! What an awesome 3 hour epic!

1. The first section is a slow burn of course because scene setting needs to take place and the regrouping of the Avengers needs time after their massive defeat.

2. The second section with all it's time travelling is a nostalgia blast without looking like a cheapskate cop out. Most impressive are the quests for the space, mind and power stones. Most saddening is the soul stone quest.

3. The third section is an awesome battle at the end. Yes it would've helped if there were cameos from other characters (e.g. Daredevil, The Punisher and even Venom) but that's just a small gripe. I did shed a tear over Tony's death and heard two people sniffling in the cinema (Peter Quill, you've got Tony's blood on your hands you tantrum throwing brat).

In the lead up to this film, many fans were speculating that the time stone, Ant Man or both hold the key to undoing the damage. So it's a smart and astute move by Marvel to have Tony Stark (and an M.C. Escher work) outwiting fanspectations.
    I'd like to end by saying that Infinity War is the better movie for those looking for a start to finish action fest.
    Last edited by shockNwave; 30th April 2019 at 05:37 PM.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    And we all knew that time travel would have to be the solution because how else are you going to bring back characters that have sequels coming out (e.g. Spider-Man Far From Home etc.)?
    They could have not had Thanos destroy the stones and therefore not needed any time travel?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Evidently not as we don’t see Black Widow return, though she does have a solo movie being greenlighted..
    I'm waiting to hear that the Black Widow announcement was a red haring to throw people off the scent for this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The soul given is payment for access to the soul stone so refunds aren't valid. When Black Widow died Gamora Prime doesn't come back, nor should she.
    Gamora's soul wasn't in the soul stone yet. They went back to before Thanos claimed it. That said, I agree, no take baksies.

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    I thought the way they treated time travel was great. No multiverse! They went to lengths to explain that the way time travel is explained in most popular movies is not how it works here, which I think is smart.
    Umm... this absolutely now has a multiverse. As explained by the sorceress supreme.

I didn't like the inconsistencies as to how messed up the world is. The population of Manhattan is 1.6mil. 800k living on that small island is still crowded. Not sure the whole thing falls apart with boats just parked in the harbour and garbage not collected.... yet we still have the cable guy and people playing Fortnight?

I liked the movie. It wasn't a great movie, but it was a great ending.

I saws it! Write thoughts later. Recommend seeing it at the movie. It only works with the other 22 films before it.

I've been walking around school today telling students, "I love you 3000." Those who've seen the film get it while the others are just perplexed. One kid got teary.

Another student told me about some whacky idea for an Easter Egg - the fact that Dr Pym's machine in the van was activated by a rodent is meant to symbolise how Disney "saved" Marvel (rodent = Mickey Mouse). I don't quite buy this but it did make me laugh.

And one reason why I'm super glad that I watched this film during the school holidays - because kids don't know how to shut the hell up when it comes to spoilers! I told them NOT to discuss spoilers because there are still other students who haven't seen the film yet, but do you think that stopped them? Nope!