Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Planet X PX-06 Vulcun (Not FoC Grimlock)

Just got an email from BBTS. Vulcan is available for pre-order. Should also be available from other online vendors already or shortly. Listed price is $124.99 and set to arrive in December.

I think I might jump the gun on this one instead of waiting for reviews first.

Edit: kinda disappointed there's no indication he'll come with replacement swords for Caelus.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

You're better off getting him from RobotKingdom. He's $99.99 US there not to mention cheaper shipping.

I'm praying to Primus on the off-chance Premium-collectibles decides to stock him.

Just got him today and wow, another great figure in the planet x series so far. Here are my thoughts on him.

Robot mode
    Pretty much a spot on representation of the character we saw in the games. Much better proportioned than the hasbro version of him as well as this figure doesnt seem to have skipped leg day. The colors are nice and none of him looks or feels hollow either with translucent plastic on his chest and shoulders and the pink/red highlights found on the other figures. The only downsides I can think of are the backpack which does a good job of trying to look clean and hiding the dino head but still sticks out. The only other problem in this mode is while his head can look side to side it cant really look down which may bother some people who plan to pose him with other WFC/FOC figures that are all shorter than him. For his accessories he comes with his sword and shield but no guns unlike all the other Planet X dinobots which to be honest doesnt bother me as I would probably never pose him with them. The sword looks fantastic being slightly bigger and sharper than the hasbro version. As for the shield all I can say is damn is that thing huge, a pretty good representation of the one he used in the game. The sword can peg into his thigh much like quirinus blades, it can also peg onto the inside of his shield which I quite like the look of. The shield can clip into his backpack but does make him pretty back heavy and sticks out even further where from the side looks quite bad, but from front on you wouldnt be able to tell.

Transformation
    Good luck trying to use the instructions he comes with. This is pretty much the first figure I've gotten where the instructions were pretty much irrelevant, too small to show enough detail and not enough steps to transform it properly. The biggest problem is clearance for the left leg tail piece. I've found the best way to counter this is to rotate the waist 90 degrees to the left and bending the left leg, if his backpack is out of the way you should get enough clearance to not have to bend the plastic. Besides that the transformation is relatively easy I would rate him as the second easiest transformation, the easiest being Caelus and the third easiest being Neptune (can never line up his legs right in dino mode).

Dino mode
    Once again an amazing representation of what we saw in the game and fixes a lot of the problems with the Hasbro version. Namely no more hollow chest and a proper proportioned and posable tail! Another amazing thing about this mode is that the figure sort of expands during transformation and while not being taller than robot mode it certainly feels much larger. The detail from robot mode carries along well and its nice to see that the teeth have been painted and are razor sharp too. Downside to this mode is probably the pose ability of the head which is the reverse of robot mode in that it can look up and down fine but not much movement side to side. Its also nice to see the thrusters on his back that appear when you charge in dino mode.

Summary
    Another great addition to planet X's FoC lineup and one that I have been waiting for since I got Caelus a few years ago. The plastic quality has always being fantastic and they all look great together. I certainly recommend Vulcan to those that have the other figures or are fans of the FoC style. It may be hard for him to find a place on some peoples shelves as he is slightly smaller than what he needs to be to fit in with MP figures. All in all though I'm pretty happy with this purchase and look forward to what Planet X brings in the future.

Drat, still waiting for mine from PC
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Drat, still waiting for mine from PC
    Planet X said all shipments had been sent out on the 5th so I cant imagine it will be too long before they get him.

Quote Originally Posted by KingGrimlock View Post
    Planet X said all shipments had been sent out on the 5th so I cant imagine it will be too long before they get him.
    Hes got them in. Bow waiting for pc to ship it out now. Hows their time rate for shipping anyways?

Just received my shipping notice. Time-frame is pretty good, I received my Apollyon and Sideswipe reissue within a week if I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    Just received my shipping notice. Time-frame is pretty good, I received my Apollyon and Sideswipe reissue within a week if I recall.
    Havent got my shipping notice, hopefully soon. Wondering if the payment with the card went through. Hes currently sold out now on the store. so hope its all ok.

I've received my Vulcun and golly gosh is he magnificent.

UPDATE: Wow. Without a doubt the best and my favourite Grimlock that I own, overtaking MP-8X
    Last edited by FruitBuyer; 22nd December 2015 at 03:23 PM.