Page 97 of 152 FirstFirst ... 77879293949596979899100101102107117 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    (except maybe Captain Jaime.....)
    It really is the Storm vs. Lyon, and in that deal he really hasn't done badly at all. Just goes to show that not playing Origin (as I am sure he would've been the first centre picked the past 3-4 series) has kept him fresh and health(ier). I'd love to know how he went from busted and hobbling 2 weeks ago, to fighting fit the past two weeks.

Melbourne were clinical, and thanks to Manly's ineptitude, never looked to get out of third gear, they look fresh and relaxed, which could be the biggest benefit going into the grand final, depending on which rabbitohs turn up tomorrow night.

NRL will be privately spewing, they would have very much wanted a Souths vs. Manly final or Dogs vs. Manly final, ratings, media and supporter gear sales would have been through the roof.

If Melbourne play like their last two games next week, they will win.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post

If Melbourne play like their last two games next week, they will win.
    i Agree, it is hard to see either bulldogs or souths (tomorrow nights game should of been the grand final) getting up over a storm outfit that is running smooth,

on a side note the wife won a Signed Bulldogs football in her school raffle, i want the dogs to win to make it worth more!!
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    wow Manly are Dreadfull tonight.. the worst performance i have seen them dish up in a while. and only they are to blame.. (except maybe Captain Jaime.....) poor handling, poor discipline, really poor defence, dumb attacking options.. and really really poor handling...

tooves loves the word fire truck too... why do cameras pan to the coaches box we all know what they say..
    I was at the game & as a passionate Manly supporter I was devastated at the way they played. Always a tough ask to win at AAMI but with a 55% completion rate combined with 42 missed tackles we lost the game more than the Storm won it.

Props to the Storm as they played very well & certainly deserved the win. Once again there was refereeing controversy & luckily this did not decide the game. God help the NRL if there is those type of rulings next Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
    Once again there was refereeing controversy & luckily this did not decide the game.
    That Billy Slater try was a shocking call, he clearly dropped the ball and had no control over it but those 4 little words "Benefit of the Doubt" can be used in any senario... and i think that that decision should be romved from the game.. if there is doubt it is no try

infact i dont think the video ref should make decisions on any trys, its time you use them as a refs tool and not a referee

have him as a assistant to the ref, the ref cant see everything (if they see anything at all) but the video ref should be used to answer specific questions and that is all..

take billys try, Chechin asked if Will Chambers impeded the defence and pointed out the offside manly defender the video ref should just look at that vision and rule on that, send the answer back to the ref and then the ref makes the call.. No Sir he did no interact with the defense and yes the manly defender was offside.

he should Ask the video ref about the grounding, he will look at it, he can relay the message i cant tell if he grounded it or if there was seperation between the arm and the ball.. then let the ref make the decision....

obviously the refs have an opinion on the try since they ask questions now...its just i think the video ref does more then he should be..there is a place in the game for the video ref just not the way they use it currently.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

We don't need video refs to make decisions. When a try goes to the video ref the whole stadium can see the replays so since that includes the on field refs then why not let them make the call? Just have a guy in the video booth to control the replays to the refs discrection... or have a sideline booth like NFL.

I also don't believe tries should be awarded on benefit of the doubt. Tries should only be awarded if they are 100% tries. If there is any doubt then it shouldn't be a try.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I also don't believe tries should be awarded on benefit of the doubt. Tries should only be awarded if they are 100% tries. If there is any doubt then it shouldn't be a try.
    I agree with this, but I can't see them getting rid of the "benefit" ruling as that would appear as though they are not favouring the attacking team, and thus the defensive team will get another bonus (after the massive stuffups we've had around shepherds and obstructions.

The NRL needs to take a leaf (or three) from the NFL and use the sideline screens, or just utilise the giant screens at the stadiums and make the decisions themselves, if Stirling and Rabs can make the right calls more than 90% of the time just from a few different angles, surely the guys that are paid to make the calls can too.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    if Stirling and Rabs can make the right calls more than 90% of the time just from a few different angles, surely the guys that are paid to make the calls can too.
    Thank god you did not say Gus Gould.

Quote Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
    Thank god you did not say Gus Gould.
    No way Jose. Waste of space he is.

So Dogs vs. Storm GF... I'm a happy Queensland fan!

is anyone watching south melbourne v hawthorn?
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Wooo!! We won!!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain