Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Avengers *SPOILERS*

Default The Avengers *SPOILERS*

Well, honestly thought it be a while till we got a glimpse at any of The Avengers figures, but hot damn, SDCC has provided us with at least the BIG 3!

Apparently they're 6inch, they dont seem to have the detail of 6er's.

Is this for the upcoming Avengers movie? Not really feeling these figures.

Ya, for the new movie.

I really like the new Cap, but I am with you with on the other 2.

Wonder when the teaser trailer will come out?

The Spiderman reboot and Dark Knight Rises teasers came out recently. Looks like 2012 will be another comic book year in movies.

Teaser is meant to be released on Saturday, and will be alternatively available after the end credits scene of Cap.

I think we're hitting our CBM peak next year, in addition to what you have mentioned, we also get the new (rebooted, but still with nic cage) Ghost Rider.

Not sure how that'll play out.

The Dark Knight Rises teaser is awesome and very speculative. I expect nothing less than brillance from Nolan. He has a big job ahead of him to topple the last effort with Ledger's amazing portrayal of the Joker.

Not too keen on Spiderman reboot, seems redundant and vaguely familiar to the first one with just different supporting characters.

Rises will be a masterpiece as it should be, its Nolan last. I wonder what kind of influence he will have on Snyders Man Of Steel though.

IMHO it's too soon for a Spidey reboot. I had hoped the origin would be wrapped up during the opening credits, similar to The Incredible Hulk, but I guess they (SONY) dont have the intelligence Marvel Studios possess.

Hopefully Snyder will take notes from Nolan on how to provide equal amounts of characterisation, story telling and action at the right times.
    I think Snyder has no probs with action but can he tell a coherent and worthy story?

We're on the same page with the origin story being part of the opening titles a la The Incredible Hulk. Will reserve judgement when watching the movie but also feel too early to do a reboot. Just seems to substitute Gwen for Mary and Dr Connors for Norman Osborn to me.

Quote Originally Posted by gantz View Post
    Teaser is meant to be released on Saturday, and will be alternatively available after the end credits scene of Cap.

I think we're hitting our CBM peak next year, in addition to what you have mentioned, we also get the new (rebooted, but still with nic cage) Ghost Rider.

Not sure how that'll play out.
    Probably just as badly as the other GR movie *Shudder* WHY I ASK YOOOOUUUU?

\Dont mind that cap. 6 inch though, thats larger than say the Thor toys, which are 3 and a quarter? I thought they's all be the same size. Unless these are electric ones, but the legs on Cap certainly look like a GI Joe sized figure to me

I don't see the real star of this lot "THE INCREDIBLE HULK"