Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Robotech/Macross VF-1 Valkeries

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Slightly tangential, but can any of the resident experts comment on the YF-19 Third Trial Prototype 1/60?

Is it partsformery? Is it reasonably sturdy? Should I be looking out for any particular QC defects?

I've found one for what I believe is a reasonable price and have come into some money at the right time
    The 'Bird of Prey' and/or 'Double Nuts'..? I actually asked that question and generally got positive feedback (other than the single feedback response in that topic). Tighter joints than the YF-19 but there is no chest lock so it will flop about if you turn the battroid upside-down. Some people said that theirs were still a bit loose, but improved on from the original YF-19 release. It's basically perfect transformation with minor exceptions like the intake covers.

So it sorta sounds like there's an element of 'luck-of-the-draw' in there but it's better than the floppy mess that was the first YF-19 run.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    HLJ just started a sale. Some absolute bargains in there but not the 1/60 Armored VF-1J unfortunately. The Max and Millia VF-22S are under $100 each...
    what happens if item is backordered? will hlj hold the entire order or wait till items are available before they ship?
    LF: G1/Henkei/SOC/others
    For Sale/Trade:Misc TF Sale
    Want List: WSTs, SCF PVCs, Henkei, Classics

Have they made any Valkyrie toys with crazy pimp-my-ride decals (like the Sheryl Nome/Deculture ones), or just the model kits?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    what happens if item is backordered? will hlj hold the entire order or wait till items are available before they ship?
    HLJ can be really frustrating in this area. If it's a single order they hold the entire order for up to two months, but other items in your order that are available may go into 'backorder' while you wait. Might be better to email them and simply ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Have they made any Valkyrie toys with crazy pimp-my-ride decals (like the Sheryl Nome/Deculture ones), or just the model kits?
    No. There are a couple of those schemes I like.
    Which brings us to where we are today...