Thread: Asia exclusive Battle Damage Movie toys

Default Asia exclusive Battle Damage Movie toys

The Asia exclusive Battle Damaged Movie toys - Optimus, Barricade and Bumblebee - acquired from the Hong Kong toy event last Thursday night,
    which wouldn't have been possible without the help of Ozformers member Bladestorm.

The sprayed on paint makes the toys feel rough to the touch.

I think the "damage" looks better in their vehicle modes, but it is their robot modes in the movies that were always worn, despite the car panels
    suddenly being spotless when they transform into vehicles.

(included here is one photo of the regular versions... I forgot to do a comparison photo before transforming the toys to vehicle mode, and didn't
    have time to transform them back yet)

Wow you are very lucky to have gotten these. Bladestorm is a legend!
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

FatalityPitt Guest

I think the weathered appearance of the vehicle and robot modes is a good look. Barricade looks good especially - It looks like he's being putting his weapons to good use.

I just got tickets for the event and gave him one. Griffin did everything else.

I haven't opened my set as I want to keep them MSIB for now.
    Of the 3 Bumblebee looks the most obviously battle worn in box and while it is an interesting asthetic he's the one bot I'm undecided if we'll keep as he's one of the least favourite Transformers in my household.

I actually think the rough to touch asthetic is intentional with these and while I haven't touched them myself since they're still in their boxes I don't mind that aspect.
    I really really like the vehicle modes so if I do open them to display when I have space I'm almost tempted to display them as vehicles even though, as Grif said, in the movie it is generally the other way around.