Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Lego questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

I tried LDD for a bit and noticed that it was difficult to creatively envision solutions. As you mentioned, it also doesn't really give you much in regards to structural integrity which a lack of can break a build and may even cause you to have to redo the whole design to reinforce it. I advise to only use LDD to get some concept happening but do not use it as your eventual blueprint.

I played around with it for about an hour in the past couple of nights, and it's definitely much harder to visually put things together. I found ready-made LDD files for 75101, and quickly swapped out the colours to what I wanted. Changing the wings to a different shape with no moving parts is turning out to be more of a challenge, however it should be a bit easier once I get a handle on all the shortcuts (mainly 3D rotating) and common features.

One mistake I regretted quickly was playing with swapping all the colours first (turned out mono-coloured), which made it visually more difficult to see the pieces. Going to redo that this weekend by segmenting it.

I am fairly happy with the cockpit and might consider ordering the pieces for that right away. Doubt I will be able to get all the pieces I need from a single seller. A finished product in 35 calendar days might be too ambitious at the moment with work and holiday plans as well.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

I just bought my first Lego in over a year. The Portal set for the discontinued Lego Dimensions.

Anyone know why the portal gun is made from rubber and not plastic? Honestly the paint apps on it don't look up to Lego standards, it feels like it was made cheaply in China.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Anyone know why the portal gun is made from rubber and not plastic? Honestly the paint apps on it don't look up to Lego standards, it feels like it was made cheaply in China.
    Probably to prevent breakage or as a safety thing.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Is Hobby Warehouse a good place to buy LEGO from? The have a discontinued set I want for a semi-reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddlesPrime View Post
    Is Hobby Warehouse a good place to buy LEGO from? The have a discontinued set I want for a semi-reasonable price.
    I've bought from their eBay store a few times. All good.

Is $80 for the Solo TIE Fighter (from Kmart) a good price? I’ve sent it at $100 at Big W and Target. Not sure if there’s discounts/sales I’d be better off waiting for or other advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Is $80 for the Solo TIE Fighter (from Kmart) a good price? I’ve sent it at $100 at Big W and Target. Not sure if there’s discounts/sales I’d be better off waiting for or other advice?
    Yeah $80 is a good everyday price. BigW have it for $69 next week in their toy sale though.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Yeah $80 is a good everyday price. BigW have it for $69 next week in their toy sale though.
    Thanks that’s saved me $10!

Anyone know how often the Speed Champions sets come out? Are they yearly or more regular?