Page 130 of 183 FirstFirst ... 110120125126127128129130131132133134135140150 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1830

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Absolutely livid at the moment...
    I found a pristine vintage MIB G1 Metroplex on Ebay US a few weeks ago. Paid a lot of money because the box was so nice (in addition to the figure being unused.) It turned up today, and some careless loser* had punctured a hole in the shipping box, which has gone through the Metroplex box and into the styrofoam.

Just sent the seller a message to find out what my options are. I'm not blaming him at all, he did pack it well - and much better than a lot of other sellers. Can't really protect against something stabbing through the box. And now I'm worried because I didn't see the hole until I had already cut the packing tape. Is it too much to expect the astronomical shipping charges we pay should entitle the goods to safe transit?

*this doesn't even begin to describe what I think of the person that did this, but I have t keep it clean.

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    I found a pristine vintage MIB G1 Metroplex on Ebay US a few weeks ago. Paid a lot of money because the box was so nice (in addition to the figure being unused.) It turned up today, and some careless loser* had punctured a hole in the shipping box, which has gone through the Metroplex box and into the styrofoam.
    I feel for you man. A couple years ago, I bought a Marvel Legends Wolverine from eBay, that I was gonna keep MOC. When I got it, I found the seller not only packed the thing in an envelope instead of a box (YES, an envelope!), but the plastic bubble was totally squashed out of shape. I was completely irked. Question - were you going to keep Metroplex MIB? Just curious is all.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    I feel for you man. A couple years ago, I bought a Marvel Legends Wolverine from eBay, that I was gonna keep MOC. When I got it, I found the seller not only packed the thing in an envelope instead of a box (YES, an envelope!), but the plastic bubble was totally squashed out of shape. I was completely irked. Question - were you going to keep Metroplex MIB? Just curious is all.
    I've had the envelope shipping method too. Luckily mine was ok then. That sucks about your Wolverine.

To be fair, the seller did pack it quite well and with more than enough padding (and as I mentioned, I'm not blaming him) and whatever pierced through the box would have done so in almost any packaging - it poked in probably about 6 or 7cm.
    Oh, Metroplex wasn't sealed originally.
    I bought him as opened, with all the contents being mint and look to have been used very rarely, if at all. Stickers unapplied, etc.

That really sucks Blaster, I've had the same thing happen to sealed vintage stuff too...

Did the seller ship it himself? or was it shipped through Ebay's global shipping program?
    If it was the latter.... you can claim against just the shipper not the seller ( Pitney Bowes ). You probably already know this though.

Sorry to hear bud

Quote Originally Posted by janda the red View Post
    That really sucks Blaster, I've had the same thing happen to sealed vintage stuff too...

Did the seller ship it himself? or was it shipped through Ebay's global shipping program?
    If it was the latter.... you can claim against just the shipper not the seller ( Pitney Bowes ). You probably already know this though.

Sorry to hear bud
    Its heartbreaking, isn't it? Its not so much the money, but the time and energy spent tracking it down in such nice condition, and the fact that these things have survived for 30 years, only to be damaged because of careless workers

The seller shipped himself, so I can't claim against Pitney unfortunately.

Its heartbreaking, isn't it? Its not so much the money, but the time and energy spent tracking it down in such nice condition, and the fact that these things have survived for 30 years, only to be damaged because of careless workers

The seller shipped himself, so I can't claim against Pitney unfortunately.
    Yeah it's pretty devastating when it happens!

I'm paranoid now and always ask the seller to double box/reinforce the box with hard cardboard.... doesn't always save the goods though

Have you told the seller? Has he offered to do anything?

FatalityPitt Guest

I've had the envelope shipping method too. Luckily mine was ok then. That sucks about your Wolverine.

To be fair, the seller did pack it quite well and with more than enough padding (and as I mentioned, I'm not blaming him) and whatever pierced through the box would have done so in almost any packaging - it poked in probably about 6 or 7cm.
    Oh, Metroplex wasn't sealed originally.
    I bought him as opened, with all the contents being mint and look to have been used very rarely, if at all. Stickers unapplied, etc.
    It's cool, I now display that Wolverine loosely on my shelf. But If I didn't care about the packaging at the time, I could have gotten the same thing loose from a vendor in China for 1/3 the price.

Sorry to hear (read) about what happened. As you said, it's not about the money, but the time and effort to find it in that condition. It's disappointing when that happens. At least the Metroplex inside is unscathed (or at least I hope it is).

Quote Originally Posted by janda the red View Post
    Yeah it's pretty devastating when it happens!

I'm paranoid now and always ask the seller to double box/reinforce the box with hard cardboard.... doesn't always save the goods though

Have you told the seller? Has he offered to do anything?
    Yeah, I might have to start doing that too for the high end stuff. I've never really had an issue like this before so I've never felt any need to request double boxing (but I do always request sellers not to fold box flaps when packing, after that happened to me on a sealed Insection a couple years ago.)
    I've been in contact with the seller and they have opened an insurance claim, and also partially refunded me in the interim. I feel really bad though because its really not their fault at all. Their packing/padding was more than I expected, and definitely wasn't a half-assed job.

I offered to return some money to them if the insurance doesn't come through, because I don't want them to get the short end of the stick in this. I don't either of course, but I figure its better 50/50 than just him losing out.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    It's cool, I now display that Wolverine loosely on my shelf. But If I didn't care about the packaging at the time, I could have gotten the same thing loose from a vendor in China for 1/3 the price.

Sorry to hear (read) about what happened. As you said, it's not about the money, but the time and effort to find it in that condition. It's disappointing when that happens. At least the Metroplex inside is unscathed (or at least I hope it is).
    Thanks man. Yeah, luckily no damage to Metroplex or any accessories.

Just sent the seller a message to find out what my options are. I'm not blaming him at all, he did pack it well - and much better than a lot of other sellers. Can't really protect against something stabbing through the box. And now I'm worried because I didn't see the hole until I had already cut the packing tape. Is it too much to expect the astronomical shipping charges we pay should entitle the goods to safe transit?

*this doesn't even begin to describe what I think of the person that did this, but I have t keep it clean.
    Yeah, I might have to start doing that too for the high end stuff. I've never really had an issue like this before so I've never felt any need to request double boxing (but I do always request sellers not to fold box flaps when packing, after that happened to me on a sealed Insection a couple years ago.)
    I've been in contact with the seller and they have opened an insurance claim, and also partially refunded me in the interim. I feel really bad though because its really not their fault at all. Their packing/padding was more than I expected, and definitely wasn't a half-assed job.

I offered to return some money to them if the insurance doesn't come through, because I don't want them to get the short end of the stick in this. I don't either of course, but I figure its better 50/50 than just him losing out.

Thanks man. Yeah, luckily no damage to Metroplex or any accessories.
    Sucky situation, at least the seller is helping you out. I can imagine s/he's just as ticked about the situation as you are. Hopefully the insurance comes through and you both avoid losing out too much.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Opened the Generations Windblade after a long time. Like most mainstream official toys these days, it was disappointing. Once again seems like it was compromised by cost budgeting (cheapness) and an unrefined design.

I have become very slow at opening any official mainstream toy that I buy. They often end up disappointments or at best 'meh'. On the other hand, opening an MP or 3P toy is still awesome.