Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NY Toy Fair pics of Classics 2.0 and Universe

Galvatron is lovely, he will look good standing besides Tank Unicron!

The Legends class figures are nice too, I'd love to see a full size Red Alert (made from either the Sideswipe or Cybertron Hot Shot mould).
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

It's not the colour that bugs me most about Powerglide, FWIW. I hate those orange outbursts on his chest - and they're no doubt for some lame light gimmick.
    Both the giants bother me, Onslaughts veichle mode looks like it might be oversized when I see it in reall life, and Powerglide is white. That said I really don't see any reason for Hasbro to make either of these guys giants, except to as you hinted fill them with lame cheap gimmicks and jack up the price. I'll be getting these 2 on the discount shelf, or no at all methinks.

Love the deluxes though, even the imperfect Galvatron.

The deluxes look sweet, although I would have preferred Galvs to be a cannon. (Megs = gun, Galvs = Cannon!) But the tank doesn't look too bad at all.

PG I will wait for Tak Toms colour. The plane looks OK, but the robot mode needs PG'S red colour IMO.

I dig Onslaught. Nice powerful Robot mode. Shame he will be taller than everyone though......

Blaster? BARF! That looks horrid! PASS!

The Cement truck doesn't look as bad, but I didn't like the original sculpting of the toy.

Yay for new! Boo for old (and ugly re-paints!)

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Yay for new! Boo for old (and ugly re-paints!)
    Yep! You said it perfectly!

TF Universe Classics in packaging:

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/u...EEE6791C6547FA

It kind of looks like a hybrid between movie packaging and the original classics box/card art.

I just realized that Octane (Tankor ) appears not to have a proper arm and rather a stupid spin gimmick similar to the Classics green Tank Megatron. This is dissapointing as I hate it when a whole limb is replaced with an awkward gimmick such as what they did with Tank Megatron. Before I thought that the weapon was removable.

The above has soured my enjoyment of that figure.

Also something a bit disturbing about this packagings is that they all seem to emphasize on some dumb weapon gimmick similar the movie FABS. Prowl has the "With Acid Blasters!" while Octane has "with Melee blade!"

I dont like these gimmicks at all as Hasbro is notorious for sacrificing toy design and aesthetic in favor of lame gimmicks.
    ________
    Bob Bondurant
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:28 PM.

Maybe Prowl has real acid blasters.

Now that is a gimmick that woudl sell

I guess Hasbro wants to highlight what weapon the TF is using... then the kids owning them would go to their mates, "mine comes with a melee blade", "oooooh I'm scared but mine comes with an acid blaster, which mean I can attack you without coming near you!" if you know what I mean

Galvatron is a midget! It seems to be a nice mold but you can't have a decepticon leader as a deluxe. Its an outrage.....I had hoped so desperately for a G1 inspired voyager galvatron that i could display against voyager ultra magnus. Now I'll end up with this teensy weensy thing. I'm also a bit put off by the colouring. The toy fair pics show the grey bits to be pretty green (like greenscream) but the official pics (linked by griffin in one of his posts) are a much nicer shade of grey. Oh dear Hasbro - you've stuffed this one up good and proper.

I'd rather have mini Galvatron to a repaint of Megs. in fact I dare say i'd rather a Deluxe of anything if given the option, as the larger a Transformer toy gets, the more lame gimmicks Hasbro will stuff into it.

Kup wrote

I just realized that Octane (Tankor ) appears not to have a proper arm and rather a stupid spin gimmick similar to the Classics green Tank Megatron. This is dissapointing as I hate it when a whole limb is replaced with an awkward gimmick such as what they did with Tank Megatron. Before I thought that the weapon was removable.
    It does look that way in those pics doesn't it, thats super sad. I just wait for the package thats tagline reads "With gimmicky super gimmick gimmick!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I'd rather have mini Galvatron to a repaint of Megs. in fact I dare say i'd rather a Deluxe of anything if given the option, as the larger a Transformer toy gets, the more lame gimmicks Hasbro will stuff into it.
    So true. Or, they'll just vastly scale up a simple design and charge ridiculous prices. Supreme Starscream & Cheetor come to mind.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister