Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Fair MOTUC reveals!

Would you consider painting them if you were to get them? - I know that's not the point though.

I've got to say I like the looks of Man-E-Faces and The Faceless One, they're 2 very cool looking figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Would you consider painting them if you were to get them? - I know that's not the point though.

I've got to say I like the looks of Man-E-Faces and The Faceless One, they're 2 very cool looking figures.
    I thought about it for a little bit before posting but even if I did repaint it, I would never be able to replicate the same colors, shading and rust effects of the other silver weapons making it stand out, naturally no where near as bad as the red but still crap.

My biggest disappointments in this announcement are the red weapons followed by Clawful which just looks ridiculous. They should have gone a bit more 200X on him.

All the others are fine, As several people have said, Faceless one could be a little more faceless but it's not a deal breaker.

Clawful is still a while away from release, and it seems plenty of fans agree with you, so i guess there's a chance they'll have an alternate head like Whiplash despite what they say about not doing 200x heads.

I just love the goofy look personally! His eyebrows are just out of control!

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Clawful is still a while away from release, and it seems plenty of fans agree with you, so i guess there's a chance they'll have an alternate head like Whiplash despite what they say about not doing 200x heads.

I just love the goofy look personally! His eyebrows are just out of control!
    He looks as if he should be a Muppet character.

Unfortunately Toyguru at He-Man.org has mentioned that all these figures with the exception of Man-E-Faces are finalized so no changes will be done.

A pity, because 200x Clawful is leaps and bounds superior to the original look IMO - Buzz-Off just manages to pass in my books, 200x did the non-human characters a lot better I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    A pity, because 200x Clawful is leaps and bounds superior to the original look IMO - Buzz-Off just manages to pass in my books, 200x did the non-human characters a lot better I reckon.
    Probably because in 200X they actually looked like if they were totally different species from humans while still being totally identifiable as the vintage characters.

When I look at vintage/Classic Clawful, I either see some guy doing a Crab/Dragon cosplay or a 'The Fly' sort of mutant with human and animal parts in a Frankenstein sort of mix-match arrangement.

The goofy 'Sesame Street' look also doesn't help.

Big Difference:

Someone did a Digibash at He-Man.Org and there is a huge difference just by changing the head alone:

This, I would consider buying.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Toyguru at He-Man.org has mentioned that all these figures with the exception of Man-E-Faces are finalized so no changes will be done.
    Thank goodness as i dont want no 200x clawfull features.

Who's cast their vote for the Man-e-faces deco?

I'm kind of indifferent towards the skin colour to be honest, but i would prefer the darker blue & purple shown in the 2nd post photoshop more than a skin colour change, which they're probably not considering. But, i still chose cross-sell colours.

I wonder if this poll is any indication of the amount of He-man fans purchasing MOTUC? Barely over a thousand votes so far doesn't seem like a whole lot, worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Who's cast their vote for the Man-e-faces deco?

I'm kind of indifferent towards the skin colour to be honest, but i would prefer the darker blue & purple shown in the 2nd post photoshop more than a skin colour change, which they're probably not considering. But, i still chose cross-sell colours.

I wonder if this poll is any indication of the amount of He-man fans purchasing MOTUC? Barely over a thousand votes so far doesn't seem like a whole lot, worldwide.
    Keep in mind that only a fraction of fans would actually participate in the polls. I also suspect that a large portion of fans don't participate on boards at all. For example, most TF collectors that I have met outside of this board are not even aware that OTCA exists and barely know about the international communities.