Page 40 of 154 FirstFirst ... 203035363738394041424344455060 ... LastLast

Thread: Lego Acquisitions

Arrived this morning and finished about half an hour ago:

Got it from an Australian seller via Bricklink for cheaper than the Legoshop shipped. This is an awesome set - goes great with the Kings Castle Seige set (seen in background). Nice to have some normal castle folk and peasants inhabiting the landscape and the buildings themselves are very well designed and have a modular design. Two thumbs up!
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

That's very nice Fungal, what's the total number of lego sets you have might I ask?

I got some spare parts yesterday to fix up some of my sets.

- two pnumatic cylinders, two thin liftarms, two connectors, a brick separator, a 1x1 tile and a small technic part

Very nice fungal! Sigh I wish theyd make such simple but cottagey like home sets for the City series. My town is seriously lacking in houses, its all services ( town hall, moviehouse, fire stn, hospital) Ive got 2 of those creator houses sets but it doesnt jive size wise when constructed also the creator sets make it so that its closed at the back, while all the other city sets are "open" at the back for play so theres a real discrepancy there. Still aiming to put on layby at least 3 of those yellow creator houses thoug. I need to make random Tall buildings to make it more city like. for now its just a well serviced "town" Wonder how those medieval houses would look like within the city? hmmmm
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    Arrived this morning and finished about half an hour ago:

So jealous of you!
    I don't expect mine from Lego.com to arrive until the end of next week (and probably early in the week after)

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Finally got from Layby... technically not a January Acquisition, but hey, took me a while to save up for it.

NOw Im still uhmmin g and ahhing if I should start building it. I know I should else what's the point of buying it but I think Im gonna need a loooooooot of patience and time on this one..... still thinking WHEN Im starting

I see your Cafe Corner and Raise you a Green Grocer

Got them a couple of days ago. Off Layby, and because I spent a certain amount I got that little boat free with them.

They are really really nice sets. The Cafe Corner has some great detailing, but its nothing compaired to the Green Grocer
    The Cafe Corner is pretty much a facade. You have to decorate it yourself. The rooms are there, as a the stairs, but I'll have to fine time to play around with some furniture designs
    The Green Grocer comes with some. You get a grandfather clock, a heater, fireplace, some flat parts for a rug and the back balcony has chairs, table, umbrella, hanging flowers and a bbq. The ground floor shop is completely decked out though. Couple of containers for carrots, croissants and bananas, as well as a big fridge with drinks.
    The Hotel sign is entirely built. No stickers or printed parts. its done using white and transparent red bricks. really cool. And they have written "Cafe" into the footpath under the tables and chairs. Pain in the ass to build, and I didn't notice until I had finished it. very nice touch.
    My only other gripe is that all the minifigs use the same generic smiley face <_<
    Would have liked some variety, especially for the female minifigs. They did do a female smiley face with lipstick and curled eyelashes. I don't know why they didn't use them here...

I've been building them both in my spare time in between going out and working.

oh, and the bit about the entrance of the cafe, with the white skis. Best use ever
    Last edited by Golden Phoenix; 20th January 2009 at 11:08 PM.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

My Castle Market Village and Brickbeard's Bounty from Lego.com have arrived~!

Finally completed my Blacktron II sets with this arrival this morning:

Now I have every space set starting with Blacktron I through to Insectoids. Wondering if I should start on classic Pirates now that I'm done with classic Space.......
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

I miss getting huge baseplates with Lego.You have to buy them separately now.

Nice complete collection then Fungal!

Mmm green-grocer + Cafe Corner with a canal to allow for speedboats I see GP.

WOW those sets are awesome that castle one is rad

Picked up the Clone Wars Clone Battle Pack. Not to back. $19 and you get a small little walker, 4 Clones with guns (one has 2 little pistols) and clone commando gear.
    I like the walker. Nice feel to it. Just wish it has some controls and some more room for the pilot. But that can be fixed, it's Lego!
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|