View Poll Results: Would you be interested if IDW... (Multiple choice poll. Oh, and please discuss.)

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Restart the Marvel Comics from #81?

4 44.44%
  • Restart the Marvel G2 Comics from #13?

5 55.56%
  • I wouldn't be interested in either of those options.

1 11.11%
  • I'd prefer they restart the Machine Men store giveaway comics from #5!

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Marvel US #81? Or G2 #13?

Default Marvel US #81? Or G2 #13?

On Saturday, for Free Comic Book Day, IDW released G.I.Joe: A Real American Hero #155½ by Larry Hama (taking place after #155 - the last issue of the Marvel Comic.) The ongoing series commences in July, beginning with #156. Which started my mind percolating.

IDW own the reprint rights to the Marvel Transformers comics and have been generously printing them in single issues and trades. They also employ Simon Furman and seem to have Andy Wildman drawing covers for them every month or so. I can't be the only one who thinks that the single greatest thing IDW could do would be to continue the Marvel comics starting with #81 and all the storylines that would or could have come from there.

Much like Chris Claremont is doing with X-Men Forever, Transformers #81 could ignore everything that happened since (in this case, G2 and Another Time And Place) and go on with the plotlines that were unresolved (mostly Action Master related) and completely new directions. Or, if that would be too similar to G2, why not start at Transformers G2 #13? Combat Hero Prime and Megatron trying to deal with their new alliance, with the Liege Maximo as the big bad. Not only would it be better than the current ongoing, but it would justify all IDW's Marvel reprints, by having a continuity that actually links to it.

IDW keep rebooting their comics anyway, why not make the next reboot one that long-term comics fans might actually love? Or have it as an alternate universe limited series, whatever - what they're doing with G.I. Joe is a fantastic idea and one that they should transfer to their other great Hasbro franchise.

(Transformers. In case I was being too subtle. )

Wasnt there a story line, I dunno, exclusive to UK Tf convention or something which wrapped up the story with Liege Maximo ( he died, long story short) written by Furman. I think this was because he wanted to finish the story completely and not cliffhanging for the G2 series, but since Hasbro pulled the rug on the comics he ended up doing it instead without their support?

It would be interesting to indeed to have these re-printed as they were limited and not available to the general fandom. ... then pick up the direction of the story from then on... leading to more stories till BW and beyond!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Ah I found it, its in the TF Ultimate Guide by Simon Furman - Transformers Alignment, prolly make that as #13
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Wasnt there a story line, I dunno, exclusive to UK Tf convention or something which wrapped up the story with Liege Maximo ( he died, long story short) written by Furman. I think this was because he wanted to finish the story completely and not cliffhanging for the G2 series, but since Hasbro pulled the rug on the comics he ended up doing it instead without their support?

It would be interesting to indeed to have these re-printed as they were limited and not available to the general fandom. ... then pick up the direction of the story from then on... leading to more stories till BW and beyond!
    Ah I found it, its in the TF Ultimate Guide by Simon Furman - Transformers Alignment, prolly make that as #13
    Yeah, but Alignment was set 200 years in the future - I'm thinking more of them filling in the intervening two centuries, starting from... say... the beginning, with G2 #13. :-) Or they could even do Alignment as a comic, that would be fine too.

(Liege - I have both versions of Alignment [the magazine and novella] if you want to have a look at them sometime.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Yeah, but Alignment was set 200 years in the future - I'm thinking more of them filling in the intervening two centuries, starting from... say... the beginning, with G2 #13. :-) Or they could even do Alignment as a comic, that would be fine too.

(Liege - I have both versions of Alignment [the magazine and novella] if you want to have a look at them sometime.)
    Yup I certainly want to have a read hehehe, can you bring em at the fair? Ill have a gander since I wont be doing much TF hunting then, G1 is complete so its just DCU stuff and a couple of accessories hunting but that's it....I didnt know Alignment was set 200 years after.... all the human characters are dead by then ... yeeeessss! No annoying humans in that story! Not even those useless GI joes.

I voted option B just the same

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    ... the plotlines that were unresolved (mostly Action Master related) and completely new directions.
    Urggh, not with anything Action Master related. God, I hated that story arc.
    1 quick issue to reverse that nonsense and then on to new directions. Something I would definitely enjoy reading.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Ooohhh, tough choice. On one hand I'd like to see G1 continued and resolved in a way that it links to G2. e.g.: How did Transformers like Optimus Prime and Grimlock change from being Action Masters to being their transforming G2 forms? Why did they change insignias (having the insignia change occur in late G1 would also tie in with toy continuity... bring on Deftwing (why should Ironfist have all the fun? ))

But on the other hand... I also reeaaally want to see G2 continued. I'd like to see #13 retcon the Swarm-ressurected Optimus Prime as Hero Optimus Prime (he never transformed after being ressurected, so it's possible right?) -- then as the series progresses we can perhaps have inklings of the Neo-Swarm becoming the Vok and other events that would eventually climax in the final ending of the Autobot-Decepticon War (where Optimus Prime would presumably be deceased, Hot Rod (renamed Rodimus) is leading the Autobots with Springer leading the Wreckers once more) and the signing of the Pax Cybertronia, the evolution of Micromaster tech into the Maximal/Predacon upgrade, Unicron implanting agents on Cybertron (e.g. Tripredacus Council) etc etc.

So if I had to choose between the two, I'd like to see G2 continued and a bridge formed between it and Beast Wars.

Wohoo! I was able to download a PDF file of ALignment from the Transforce website. now to print and have a read... its but a short 70 something pages, and some of it is blank spaces hehehe, so it might be even less.

Wohoo! I was able to download a PDF file of ALignment from the Transforce website. now to print and have a read... its but a short 70 something pages, and some of it is blank spaces hehehe, so it might be even less.
    Once you finish that, if you're up for the challenge you can always download Eugenesis by James Roberts (now the co-writer of Last Stand Of The Wreckers): http://tfarchive.com/fandom/features/eugenesis/

That's a fantastic concept, and the poll is a really good idea. BUT
    IDW is unlikely to read this threat. Someone needs to start a serious letter writing campaign to Chris Ryal of IDW to let them know there's interest.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!