Thread: Remote Control Sqweeks release date and details

Default Remote Control Sqweeks release date and details

The Remote Control Sqweeks toy that we saw at the US and AUS toyfairs, now has an official release date in America, that should be the same here - July 1st.

The release details and promo image can be seen here.

The US Retail price of this item was noted at the US Toyfair as being US$80, so if this does come here, I don't think it will be cheaper than AU$150.

The late release date means that it won't be seen in stores until after the movie is out... and if Sqweeks ends up being the Gen1 Wheelie or RID Fixit (or JarJar) of the fifth movie, it probably would have been better to be released before the movie comes out.

As the RC Sqweeks figure has now been found in Australia ($98 at BigW, $120 at TRU), it has been included on a UK retailer's list of "predicted top 12 toys for Christmas".

As someone who has bought one of these a couple weeks ago in HK, and put in the six batteries need to make it work, I can say that this is not a great toy (I really wish they had done an RC Wheelie toy), and would have to be less than $50 before it was worth buying, just as a novelty to a dedicated Transformers Movie fan.

Often these retailer lists are toys that they want or need to sell before Christmas, due to their expense, or their bigger margin from the supplier (toy company)... like the big expensive RC dinosaurs from about 20 years ago that would shelfwarm, but were often on "popular" Christmas toy lists, hoping to sell to parents who assume that every other kid will have one and don't want their kid to be left out.

My son got this from his Grandma for Xmas today (admittedly I might have suggested it ) - cost was $78 on sale

He is loving it! Next to their big swing set definitely the most favoured toy he has recieved this Yuletide! Pretty cool how it does different things depending on if you have his huge gun attached