Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 21217181920212223 LastLast

Thread: TF5 Movie (2017) production & filming details

Over a year after the Movie was released and we are still getting concept art, with three different artists posting up images online... which have been collated here.
    Some really nice images here, including some of Cybertron, the Knight's crashed spaceship, some weapons, and some "historical" artwork.

And still more concept art from TF5 is coming out, of the Drones, Decepticons and Canopy.

The Bumblebee Movie is a little over a month away and we are still getting concept images for the last one... this time, a look at Drift in robot mode, which had to be reworked to add more black to match the car being mostly black.
    (the toys were mostly red in robot mode though, as Hasbro would have been going off the original images, and these changes would have been done too late to change the toys... a bit like the Barricade toys being black, despite the car on screen being blue - the Studio Series Drift toy will give fans a chance to own a screen accurate coloured toy)

One of the concept artists for the Last Knight film, is still finding artwork to publicly reveal after 3 years, with two different concept ideas for the armour that Cade wore when the Excalibur sword was formed.

Some more concept art from TF5 is suddenly being released... showing Megatron as a dragon (apparently the original plan for Megatron), two of the Knights (originally planned to have each one themed to a different Earth culture), and different face concepts for Bumblebee.

I'm usually a fan of symmetry, but I somehow prefer the one-armed Cade armour.

The knights and dragons have an interesting aesthetic, but I think it pushes the Transformers look about as far as it can go.

More movie concept art, most of which didn't end up getting used.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    More movie concept art, most of which didn't end up getting used.
    Well that explains the backwards thrusters on the TF5 voyager Megatron.

Part of the thing that boggles my mind is that there was a better movie buried beneath what we got.

Megatron as a dragon fighting the Knights of the Round table with ancient Transformers defending them instantly makes more sense than ancient knights becoming a dragon to help Merlin battle the Saxons and is so forgettable that I didn't release we see Dragonstorm again in the final battle.

Also, it explains why 3 out of the 4 Dragonstorm toys only formed 1 robot who had a rounded head like Megatron's robot mode.