Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: TF6 Bumblebee stand-alone film (2018) production news

With the final week of filming (giving them 14 months to do post production - not sure why the movie was pushed back in the first place), it looks like some blue-screen filming is now taking place, as well as word that there will only be four robots in this movie.
    It has also been noted that Steve Jablonsky (who has done the music for the previous Transformers movies), is not likely to be available for this one... but I don't know if that is based on the original June release, or the delayed December release, and if he is busy for the entire year or just the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    With the final week of filming (giving them 14 months to do post production - not sure why the movie was pushed back in the first place), it looks like some blue-screen filming is now taking place, as well as word that there will only be four robots in this movie.
    It has also been noted that Steve Jablonsky (who has done the music for the previous Transformers movies), is not likely to be available for this one... but I don't know if that is based on the original June release, or the delayed December release, and if he is busy for the entire year or just the first half.
    I think he's done a good job of the other films but I think this is a franchise where a fresh take on the sound wouldn't hurt from time to time either. Even The Star wars offshoot movies aren't using John Williams.

His best work was the first movie, I haven't felt the others had such clear cut or emotional themes as the first one did.

I always thought the Transformers movies could use something like the sound Don Davis created for the Matrix films. A bit more industrial than what Jablonsky has created.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

And that's a wrap... of principle filming.
    There might be reshoots later, but it's now into the post-production phase, for a whole 13 months, now that the movie's release date was pushed back six months.
    A teaser photo from the wrap party by Hailee shows us a new logo for the movie.

The current issue of Empire Magazine is said to have a small article about the Bumblebee movie, with details of the main actors and crew, and the official release date in America being December 21st 2018... which could mean Boxing day in Australia, or December 20th.

On the run in the year 1987, Bumblebee finds refuge in a junkyard in a small Californian beach town. Charlie (Hailee Steinfeld), on the cusp of turning 18 and trying to find her place in the world, discovers Bumblebee, battle-scarred and broken. When Charlie revives him, she quickly learns this is no ordinary, yellow VW bug.

It looks like the Bumblebee Movie will be a last hurrah for the VW Beetle, as Volkswagen has apparently announced that they won't be making any more Beetles soon.

This gives me more hope that Travis Knight will be focusing more on the story quality for this movie and less emphasis on product placement. Here's hoping. As I said, I've been impressed with Knight's work so far.

Our first decent plot synopsis for the Bumblebee movie has just been found, on a listing for the DVD/BR in Germany...

1987, California: In her sleepy home town of Brighton Falls, 17-year-old Charlie Watson (H.Steinfeld) from escaping the wasteland of their community. One day she discovers an old VW Beetle at the nearby junkyard and begins to get it started again in loving detail. But, as it quickly turns out, behind the battered vintage car, is an alien Autobot named Bumblebee, who many decades earlier was commissioned to protect humanity from an invasion of the evil Decepticons. But when a Sector 7 agent named Burns (J. Cena) starts asking questions in the little village that leaves little doubt as to his destination, Charlie realizes that she has to help Bumblebee escape as quickly as possible. But there is already a Plymouth GTX in their way, who has been pursuing the yellow Transformer for quite some time and leaves no stone unturned,

No IMAX version for the Bumblebee Movie?

At least, not in the UK... but they will be getting 2D and 3D versions.

Since this Transformers movie isn't being billed or budgeted as being a huge epic movie, it may not have been considered by the Movie Studio (or IMAX) to have the IMAX treatment. That will impact on the amount taken at the box office, as the tickets are a lot more expensive for IMAX.
    On the plus side, it doesn't look like there will be too much competition during the Christmas holidays for Bumblebee, with the only other big action/adventure movie for the kids/teens in December being Aquaman.

Still nine months away and no trailers yet, people involved in the film are starting to talk up the prospects of the movie with writer Steven DeKnight and actor John Cena both saying how good this movie should be. (I doubt either of them would have been shown a rough cut since they aren't producers, and the finished cut should be some months from being finished.)

Actor Martin Short (mostly known for comedy roles), is said to be doing some voice work for the Bumblebee Movie.