Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Movie Optimus MPM-4

I'll be getting it purely for the faceplate and matrix gimmicks.
    I really love the Peterbilt design so if this can be a transformable version close on par to the DMK in detail I'll be very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    Although TFW's front page claims it's an all new mould, it looks to be a heavy remold of the RotF Leader figure.
    With the huge official images now released, I was able to compare every part and limb of my Striker Optimus and the first release of that Leader mould, and there is nothing identical with the parts or sculpting. It's amazing at how each part is almost the same, especially the same bits of kibble in the same places, but there looks to be enough parts that are different to have a different transformation (to be a new design). Just like with most of the Movie Optimus toys, it's legs will be out the back and the arms up the front in truck mode, but beyond that, it should be mostly unique, but probably guided by the engineering of the Leader class toy (because it replicated the on-screen Optimus pretty well, so there wasn't much more you could improve on its appearance).

I'm really interested in this figure, and releasing it like this is a great way to get a non-bayformer buyer like me to buy one.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

If they had given these upgrades to Buster Optimus Prime I'd be all over this, but since it's the Voyager I'm passing on this.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    If they had given these upgrades to Buster Optimus Prime I'd be all over this, but since it's the Voyager I'm passing on this.
    Voyager? What, it's at least Leader sized based on a picture of him in-hand.

That's what I was wondering, how tall he is. Be great once comparison pics come up.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

It's evident to me that they have utilised the transformation scheme from ROTF Ldr Prime and expanded upon it to deliver an even more accurate depiction of Movie 1 thru' 3 Prime. The places this is most prevalent is in how his lower leg collapses and his crouch piece. Considering like many have already stated ROTF Prime's transformation scheme was MP level they really are not having to design from scratch rather perfecting what already exists. Much like the tweaking we saw in the ROTF to DOTM leader Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    Voyager? What, it's at least Leader sized based on a picture of him in-hand.
    Isn't this just a remould of the Voyager toy??? MPM toys are normally just a standard toy with a fancy paint job.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Isn't this just a remould of the Voyager toy??? MPM toys are normally just a standard toy with a fancy paint job.
    This only true for for the first two which was Bumblebee and Starscream. The revised Bumblebee and Optimus are wholly their own designs and not repaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbleb33 View Post
    This only true for for the first two which was Bumblebee and Starscream. The revised Bumblebee and Optimus are wholly their own designs and not repaints.
    Ok, yeah, got my Buster Prime off the shelf. It doesn't seem to share any of the same parts as Buster and looking at Seibertron's gallery of the Voyager that doesn't match up either so I'm saying new mould not remould.

Thing is while there are some elements that are more movie accurate there are many that are less movie accurate than Buster. Oh well.

EDIT: I wonder if the stock photographer might have him transformed wrong making him look less accurate.