Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: MPM-03 Masterpiece Bumblebee

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sunsurge View Post
    Has anyone out there compared the Takara MPM-03 to the Hasbro MPM-03?
    Can anyone recommend one over the other or are both much the same?
    There has been one comparison, sadly last one I've seen was via one of the international based facebook pages and thats ages ago to junt upright link you so I'll drop what I do remember.

-box
    No stickers on box to replace japanese text as the box has been reprinted, but its just the warning info underneath (so it matches past mp boxes) and character name text boxes,the gimmick info is still in english despite these changes

-toy itself
    Biggest visual change is the clear pieces in the headlights and robot head are straight up clear (hasbro has them tinted blue) and SOME of the tampographed info on the back of the car doors has been removed, basically just the big main number remains

If there are more deco differences I couldn't make out from the pictures supplied nor could I understand from what was posted, but they're essentially the same so get whatever works for you, sad thing is I'm a completionist so now I need a takara mpm04 to match and he's alot harder to get -_-

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    There has been one comparison, sadly last one I've seen was via one of the international based facebook pages and thats ages ago to junt upright link you so I'll drop what I do remember.

-box
    No stickers on box to replace japanese text as the box has been reprinted, but its just the warning info underneath (so it matches past mp boxes) and character name text boxes,the gimmick info is still in english despite these changes

-toy itself
    Biggest visual change is the clear pieces in the headlights and robot head are straight up clear (hasbro has them tinted blue) and SOME of the tampographed info on the back of the car doors has been removed, basically just the big main number remains

If there are more deco differences I couldn't make out from the pictures supplied nor could I understand from what was posted, but they're essentially the same so get whatever works for you, sad thing is I'm a completionist so now I need a takara mpm04 to match and he's alot harder to get -_-
    Hey thanks a lot for the info. Much appreciated.

I would like to get the Takara but. I can't seem to find it anywhere, only the Hasbro version.

Chimungmung is advertising the Takara mpm-3 as in stock from what I can tell have the Hasbro pics (they have Takara mpm-4 on pre-order too).

Hey thanks a lot for the info. Much appreciated.

I would like to get the Takara but. I can't seem to find it anywhere, only the Hasbro version.

Chimungmung is advertising the Takara mpm-3 as in stock from what I can tell have the Hasbro pics (they have Takara mpm-4 on pre-order too).
    There is one on ebay on auction as we speak from a local seller who I've bought from before, I know its the japanese not only from the obvious pic but I spoken to him before

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Transform...QAAOSwFWVZmVYN

He has another for regular sale as well, its more than what I paid from hlj but least you know what it is and isn't in the $200 range...unless you want to scour mandarake and hope you find one with a dented box going for retail (japanese second hand chain)

There is one on ebay on auction as we speak from a local seller who I've bought from before, I know its the japanese not only from the obvious pic but I spoken to him before

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Transform...QAAOSwFWVZmVYN

He has another for regular sale as well, its more than what I paid from hlj but least you know what it is and isn't in the $200 range...unless you want to scour mandarake and hope you find one with a dented box going for retail (japanese second hand chain)
    Sweet! Much appreciated.

So my Takara MPM-3 arrived today. I've got to say Bumblebee was a really pleasant surprise. He looks good in car mode, bot mode looks great and the transformation was enjoyable.

I have read that this Takara version is supposed to have more of a metallic finish than the Hasbro version, but I couldn't really notice it much. The light piping for the eyes works very well. The gap in his arm blaster is a little annoying though but that's about the only nitpick I have.

I'm not really a fan of the Bayverse in general but I am surprised at just how much I like this figure. Bring on Barricade!

So my second Takara MPM-3 arrived today. Looks very cool having one in bot mode, one in car mode & G1 Bumblebee standing next to it.

When opening the box just be careful with the tape - it has a tendency to rip off some of the box art with it.

Now to complete the display I just need one more G1 Bumble for car mode. Do I order now or wait for the reissue in Feb '18?

So my second Takara MPM-3 arrived today. Looks very cool having one in bot mode, one in car mode & G1 Bumblebee standing next to it.

When opening the box just be careful with the tape - it has a tendency to rip off some of the box art with it.

Now to complete the display I just need one more G1 Bumble for car mode. Do I order now or wait for the reissue in Feb '18?
    I just use a knife and slice the tape, not that I care too much about the boxes since I pulled one of those horrible security stickers off a second hand mp ultra magnus, should of seen the gash it made.

As for the g1 bee unless you can get it cheaper wait for the reissue, not only will it have that spiffy design award logo but least you know it'll be the official one and not a bootleg

I just use a knife and slice the tape, not that I care too much about the boxes since I pulled one of those horrible security stickers off a second hand mp ultra magnus, should of seen the gash it made.

As for the g1 bee unless you can get it cheaper wait for the reissue, not only will it have that spiffy design award logo but least you know it'll be the official one and not a bootleg
    But that's a whole 5 months away And Toys Alliance MAS-02 is still 3 months away.

What am I going to do in the mean time? I need to satisfy my urges now!

But that's a whole 5 months away And Toys Alliance MAS-02 is still 3 months away.

What am I going to do in the mean time? I need to satisfy my urges now!
    Um...buy a few legion class figures, like once a week to kill the craving