Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: New Transformers Movie toyline - Studio Series

Any chance of a rerelease of deluxe Leadfoot? Takara would make a killing.

The first wave of Deluxes for the Studio Series, has been found from a supplier in Peru.
    It is also noted that these are for release in Hasbro and TakaraTomy markets, as expected from the identical release of mainline Transformers toys in both markets now.

Transformers: Generations Studio Series (Hasbro – Takara Tomy)

• Studio Series Deluxe Bumblebee
    • Studio Series Deluxe Stinger
    • Studio Series Deluxe Crowbar
    • Studio Series Deluxe Autobot Ratchet

Another of the Studio Series toys have been leaked from China - this time the first wave Deluxe Bumblebee toy, which which turns into the old 70s Camaro from the first movie (either a new mould, or a significantly remoulded existing toy).

I read speculation that it seem to have some similar engineering to the last movie bumblebee. I'm very interested in this, my 2007 movie old camero bumblebee has a hard time staying in vehicle mode, the automorph gimmick has lost the ability to stay locked in place.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Another of the Studio Series toys have been leaked from China - this time the first wave Deluxe Bumblebee toy, which which turns into the old 70s Camaro from the first movie (either a new mould, or a significantly remoulded existing toy).
    Looks like a heavy retool of the TLK deluxe 2017 Camaro, notably with the legs and the single arm cannon that attaches after disconnecting the arm off.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/02/19/t...-images-359652

In hand photos of several of the figures.

Blackout is bought.

Starscream I'm going back and forth on. The HFTD Leader Class is a phenomenal figure and I found the DOTM Deluxe (which the Studio Series Screamer is based on) to be underwhelming. It photographs damn well though.

Prime looks... interesting. As with Leader Starscream, ROTF Leader Prime is pretty much unassailable, so I'm perhaps slightly lukewarm on this one too. The fake chest kibble kills it for me, I think. Fake chest parts with the actual real chest windows right underneath is a big turnoff.

Stinger is a big big yes, especially after I spend a few minutes going back over the concept art and seeing how close they managed to get it without cheating.

Jazz, Bumblebee and Brawl are all maybe. They look very good, but I've got enough good representations of each of them that I feel like I wouldn't be missing out to skip them. I do like the designs, but not to the extent of Starscream or Prime where I'll happily own multiple different versions. If these come to retail here I'll probably grab them, but won't order them off the internet like Blackout and Stinger.

Lockdown I'll wait to see more of. The sample on show over the weekend was underpainted, compared to the in hand photos of the figure above. It looks quite nice once painted up.

Megatron, Dread and Grimlock also look great from an engineering point of view, but I won't be getting them because the design and characters don't appeal.

Ratchet is the only one that outright seems a bit trash.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Blackout is bought.
    Yeah even though I'm only collecting MPMs and then only the MPMs I like, I might break my little MP(M) and CHUG only rule to get Leader Blackout. He is so awesome.

The in hand pics aren't helping me avoid buying any of these.

Blackout does look good (and hello Scorponok) although I still worry about it being back heavy.

Like SharkyMcShark I am very happy with the leader Starscream, but there's something about the new version that is appealing in the photos.

I'm disappointed with the Ratchet, still waiting for a good one of him, maybe a MPM?

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

That "new" starscream is just an upscale of the DOTM deluxe!

I mean, its amazing and all but really?

I got the movie advance one so unless they make an mpm I see no reason to get this

I've just watched a couple of videos of the studio Bumblebee figure. The quality looks surprisingly bad, bits falling off etc.

By far the review by Balmatrix was the funniest, I literally laughed out loud at how raged he got.

It is disappointing though, I hope the other figures are of better quality. I might hang back and wait for the April release, with any luck any QC issues will have been resolved by then.