Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasbro MP Optimus coming to Australia October

Miranda sighting was real. Only two MP Primes left, the are flying off the shelves!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Miranda sighting was real. Only two MP Primes left, the are flying off the shelves!
    Any in hurstville? The guy in chatswood is asking what's so special about MP Prime. Can't believe it's sold out in one morning.

Can someone who has one please post up the barcode ean number?
    Might help in the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Any in hurstville? The guy in chatswood is asking what's so special about MP Prime. Can't believe it's sold out in one morning.
    He asked me the same thing when I picked up mine and thought people might be reselling. I told him it was a Toys r us exclusive. He did say every 2nd call he had that morning was about the MP Optimus Prime!

I didnt mention the discount voucher

If they are being snapped up by scalpers, I'd have expected some to have been listed on ebay by now... but none were there when I just looked.
    At least that's a good thing, if they are going to good homes (collectors/fans).

And be aware that there is supposed to be another shipment next month, if you miss out on this one.

I was told that there's only 2 per assortment, so it doesn't take much to make them sell out. TRU Head Office told me that all their stores were scheduled for another delivery either yesterday or today, but paletting/shelving doesn't occur over weekends, so there's a chance that IF the toys arrived on Friday and haven't been paletted/shelved on Fri night, they might be in back storage.

So based on what TRU Head Office told me, if anyone is doing the call arounds or happen to be popping into a TRU I'd recommend asking them to check the back room just in case. If not, try again on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I was told that there's only 2 per assortment, so it doesn't take much to make them sell out. TRU Head Office told me that all their stores were scheduled for another delivery either yesterday or today, but paletting/shelving doesn't occur over weekends, so there's a chance that IF the toys arrived on Friday and haven't been paletted/shelved on Fri night, they might be in back storage.

So based on what TRU Head Office told me, if anyone is doing the call arounds or happen to be popping into a TRU I'd recommend asking them to check the back room just in case. If not, try again on Monday.
    When I called Miranda, the girl told me they had lots of them, luckily I asked her to set aside three as when I arrived, there were only two remaining on the shelves.

Hopefully you are right about a second shipment, that way anyone who missed the current wave can have another chance at it.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    When I called Miranda, the girl told me they had lots of them, luckily I asked her to set aside three as when I arrived, there were only two remaining on the shelves.

Hopefully you are right about a second shipment, that way anyone who missed the current wave can have another chance at it.
    Did you buy three?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Did you buy three?
    Not just for me

I set them aside for other fans.

Quote Originally Posted by robwin1974 View Post
    He asked me the same thing when I picked up mine and thought people might be reselling. I told him it was a Toys r us exclusive. He did say every 2nd call he had that morning was about the MP Optimus Prime!
    I didnt mention the discount voucher
    Didn't want to mention it too.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    If they are being snapped up by scalpers, I'd have expected some to have been listed on ebay by now... but none were there when I just looked.
    At least that's a good thing, if they are going to good homes (collectors/fans).

And be aware that there is supposed to be another shipment next month, if you miss out on this one.
    Still none on ebay, that's good. But I didn't realize there's really a lot more TF enthusiasts/collectors than the people on the board. That's why I'm surprised. Imagine 16 being sold out in one store.

Unfortunately, the voucher isn't valid when the next shipment comes in. Otherwise, I wouldn't have tried to catch the current batch.