Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 81823242526272829303132333848 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic book thread ON!

Sup thread.

I have just finished the 'Punishment' arc, crossover between Daken and The Punisher, Franks revenge for Daken slicing him to pieces, that has got to be some of the most violent stuff I have ever seen.

just did some research on Y the last man, sounds very interesting, I can definitely see myself purchasing these 10 trades.... found a free preview of issue 1 so if that goes well anyway...

I was out of the loop with the whole dark reign stuff, marvel changed a hell of a lot in the 3 -4 years I stopped collecting, in all honesty apart from x factor they have pretty much lost me as a customer these days, I used to by most of my titles from them.

Glad to hear you enjoyed punisher/daken though (can't stand Daken myself).

I have heard the punisher is getting some great story arcs of late anyway, at least that is what my LCS owner has told me.

I HATE DAKEN! So beautiful seeing his faced get smashed around by Frank.

Punisher has been epic over the past 2 years, great stories and art, and more to come.

Marvel has chnaged so much...after being put through so many events and crap over the past 4-5 years, it really is becoming amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rodimus View Post

I have heard the punisher is getting some great story arcs of late anyway, at least that is what my LCS owner has told me.
    The 10 or 11 tpb's of Punisher Max by Garth Ennis is the finest storytelling EVER published by Marvel. This is not an opinion but hard fact.

Another great series I've finished recently is 'Lucifer' by DC/Vertigo. Follows on as a nice spin-off from the acclaimed 'Sandman' series by Neil Gaiman.

Quote Originally Posted by SamLoi888 View Post
    The 10 or 11 tpb's of Punisher Max by Garth Ennis is the finest storytelling EVER published by Marvel. This is not an opinion but hard fact.

Another great series I've finished recently is 'Lucifer' by DC/Vertigo. Follows on as a nice spin-off from the acclaimed 'Sandman' series by Neil Gaiman.
    aah so much stuff to try out since I have been out of the loop for a while. I appreciate the recommendation, was not a huge punisher fan back in the day but a great story can make most characters very readable.

Anyone here have thoughts on Wildstorm wrapping up? I think from what I read a lot of the titles will be rebranded as DC but if anyone else knows more would love to hear your take.

I used to be a massive fan of WildCATS comics and have a few figures too, was thinking of getting back on board with them but I think their next issue is their last (issue 30 I think). If DC starts them over I would be keen on that.

yeah: DAMN!

not that I have been reading any Wildstorm comics, but was very fond of 'em when I was a kid, Gen 13 etc.

here is an interview with Jim Lee

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=28458

I think it will be a while before any of them appear in DC titles as it was said "they need a break in what is a soft market at the moment".
    If they do reappear I hope they don't get screwed over (mainly thinking of Grifter, Maul and Warblade here lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rodimus View Post
    aah so much stuff to try out since I have been out of the loop for a while. I appreciate the recommendation, was not a huge punisher fan back in the day but a great story can make most characters very readable.
    This Punisher is something special. Extremely violent, hardcore, yet in a way realistic, storyline. There's a plot running through nearly the entire run as well as the individual focus of each trade. It is truly an epic series.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punisher_MAX

As for the Wildstorm stuff/universe I've only really enjoyed and collected 'The Authority' and 'Planetary' although I've got the occasional Wildcats or Gen13 single issue here and there(as well as the Gen13 cartoon movie).

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    It's one of the great endings of any comic series ever! I even crie... ahem... I mean, I was all manly about then ending and then went out and drank beer and cooked dead animals on the barbecue and stuff.
    I haven't cried like that since the ending of 'The Green Mile'. I was a mess.

And here's an interesting piece regarding the death of Wildstorm.