View Poll Results: Legends Nightbird - worth getting?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Finally an official Nightbird? Hells yeah!

7 87.50%
  • Only if cheap

0 0%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

1 12.50%
  • Stick to the night birdie

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - LG15 Nightbird

Default Toy Review - LG15 Nightbird

Name: Nightbird Shadow
    Series - Legends
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco – Redeco of Generations Arcee
    Released here - No
    Approximate Retail Price - $23/2300Yen
    Approximate Size – 14cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode – Cybertronian Car
    Main Colours – Grey, Black, Purple
    Main Accessories – Rifle, Pistol, 2 x Swords, 2 x Sai’s

Vehicle Mode
    Looks damn good! Takara have as usual done a brilliant paint job and the stark contrast between the silver and the black looks brilliant. I was a tiny bit annoyed to find a tiny black scratch on mine as this is one figure that looks great in both modes so will be changing her back and forth pretty often. There are four different slots to place her six different weapons so very customizable.

Robot Mode
    Even better than the vehicle mode! They really chose the right mould to remake as Nightbird as she looks a helluva lot like the cartoon. The light piping on the back of the head makes the eyes glow eerily above her mask and the got the overall head just right. Here you have8 different slots for her six weapons (hands, wrists, thighs, backpack) so you can muck around to your hearts content. Personally I think she looks better with less armament as it adds to her robot ninja mystique.

Transformation
    If you have Arcee nothing has changed. If you don’t this is still pretty easy.

Overall
    I am beyond impressed with this figure! I was so chuffed to get a G1 styled Arcee after all these years and really like it so it says a lot I like this figure even more. They just seem to have gotten everything right here and they have done a great rendition of this characters first official toy. This figure is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

BATTLE MODES

Thing I like best is how the black painted backpack makes it blend into the background to make the visible parts more like her cartoon body.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    To the mods: I forgot to tick the 'add poll' option.

Can someone add one similar to the one I did for Slipstream? Thanks
    You can do it. Check "thread tools" and there's an "add a poll" option.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    You can do it. Check "thread tools" and there's an "add a poll" option.
    Cheers for that mate

Easily my favourite of the 3 femme fatales that were released. Great looking paint scheme - the black backpack does a great job at shrinking the size of the Arcee mould's giant backpack, new weapons that's an improvement over the original in terms of fit with the character and fit with the mould weaknesses (tiny bit of supporting plastic under the open fists), and awesome new head sculpt.

Only slight imperfection would possibly be the slightly cheaper feel to the black plastic - a bit like Generations Windblade's red plastic. Not to say that this black plastic is weak, but it feels less premium, compared with say United Magnificus (sorry can't recall another more recent/standard release for comparison) - that feels heavier, a lot tougher, and has a nicer/glossier finish.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!