Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234567891424 ... LastLast

Thread: Maketoys

I feel like TFClub is going to be very damaged by this..

Anyway- I was a bit stressed knowing I couldn't really put down the dosh for the TFC Devy and missing out on a Classics Devy... but maketoys has saved the day.

This guy is definitely bought! The size is decent aswell, matching up with the previous FP combiners! (and hopefully the pricing matches). Chest plate too. The design elements are very similar to FP- almost too alike (look at that waist piece!)

Bring on Menasor/Computron/Defensor/Abominus...

Bought.

Looks fantastic, and a cheaper option to the TFClub one. They will have a loss in sales for sure. Though their one will be massive, I am inclined to buy this one.

This does look better but will wait on robot pics to comment. I'm not as convinced with TFCs either but this is looking nice.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

I have cancelled my preorder for Hercules to get this one instead. If the reviews of Exgraver are positive I may order it again but for now Maketoys Giant is my choice for Devy

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    The design elements are very similar to FP- almost too alike (look at that waist piece!)
    hahaha, perhaps an FP designer had a falling out and went to start his own 3rd party group? lol

OH just make a preorder already!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I have cancelled my preorder for Hercules to get this one instead. If the reviews of Exgraver are positive I may order it again but for now Maketoys Giant is my choice for Devy
    Just cancelled mine with BBTS after seeing the Maketoy's version. It looks so much more detailed, has a G1 accurate head and most likely be less than the $600 TFC set. I just had to jump ship!

Here comes my first third party product...

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    Just cancelled mine with BBTS after seeing the Maketoy's version. It looks so much more detailed, has a G1 accurate head and most likely be less than the $600 TFC set. I just had to jump ship!

Here comes my first third party product...

dammit!! seeing them side by side really changes my opinion because the maketoys one looks SIC!!!

Maketoys Giant does look so good combined but there is that unknown factor that is price. Every man and his dog are saying it will be cheaper than TFC but who knows with these 3rd party companies.

I have re-preordered Exgraver. I am just concerned that the early reviews are going to say the quality is perfect and the figure is well worth the money. I would rather have it preordered with the option to cancel than to not have it preordered and for it to sell out

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Maketoys Giant does look so good combined but there is that unknown factor that is price. Every man and his dog are saying it will be cheaper than TFC but who knows with these 3rd party companies.

I have re-preordered Exgraver. I am just concerned that the early reviews are going to say the quality is perfect and the figure is well worth the money. I would rather have it preordered with the option to cancel than to not have it preordered and for it to sell out
    Buy both!

Pretty simple stuff.

If you want a "show accurate" devastator size wise, the TFC will be it. The maketoy one will probably be a better toy after all. I am buying both!