Page 501 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 481491496497498499500501502503504505506511521 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Just to add to what Paul is saying, MP Grimlock even comes with a gimmick whereby you can change his eyes from blue (cartoon accuracy) to red which was the colour used for the G1 toy.
    A cool and well-executed gimmick too!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    A cool and well-executed gimmick too!
    Thats the kind of non-intrusive gimmick i love
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

I seem to recall hearing that there has only been one year since 1984 that there has not been a new season of Transformers cartoon released. Offhand does anyone know which year it was?

I'm guessing early 90s, before Beast Wars started...
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    I seem to recall hearing that there has only been one year since 1984 that there has not been a new season of Transformers cartoon released. Offhand does anyone know which year it was?

I'm guessing early 90s, before Beast Wars started...
    1991 - no new Transformers cartoon
    1992 - no new Transformers cartoon
    1995 - no new Transformers cartoon

Footnotes
    1. I guess G2 (1993-94) technically counts as a "new" Transformers cartoon... more like a bad reissue. :/
    2. 2001-02 saw Car Robot come out, which was basically a dub of 2000's Transformers Car Robot. So the status of that series as "new" for that year may also be debatable like G2.

Thanks!
    Which brings us to where we are today...

book style re-issue inferno's shoulder wing things do they have bigger pegs than his shoulders do holes? when i tried to put them into mine today it was a tight fit and put some stress marks into the plastic

Hasbro or Takara book reissue? I have the Takara one and have no such problem.

Bumblebee Guest

Question

Uh, hi. is their really only 2-5% of girls who are transfans! that is SO SAD! (i'm a girl btw). Do any of you know whether Bulkhead dies on transformers prime?

1. I don't know the exact number of fans who are girls, but there are quite a few female Transformer fans (some who love drawing TF Yaoi...), including here on this board. But Transformers has always been a predominantly male thing (but that's not to say that girls aren't welcome) Beast Wars International is a predominantly female Transformers community and there are also quite a few female TF fans on The Lexicon -- the admins of both these communities are female TF fans. I've met them both IRL and they're great gals.

2. No idea if Bulkie's still alive or not... we'll find out when TF Prime resumes airing.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Uh, hi. is their really only 2-5% of girls who are transfans! that is SO SAD! (i'm a girl btw). Do any of you know whether Bulkhead dies on transformers prime?
    There's also the large number of girls keep fairly quiet, or just don't state their gender online, as they could be hassled by dickheads. They are, unfortunately everywhere, as in real life (dickheads I mean, not girls).

The Fan Fic stuff has a HUGE readership online. HUGE. They have all that stuff they LOVE, and good on them. It's not my thing, but they're pretty wide-ranging. A lot of Starscream stiff, except he is kind of a twink, with Megatron as his lover.

Like I said, not my thing, but if that's what you want, it gets a lot of female readership and involvement.

I think the 2-5% figure is FAR from comprehensive, and I don't think it includes readers from the fringe areas.

How high is it really? I don't know. Depends. Starscream fan fic = a lot more, for example.

So it's still not 50/50, but there's definitely more than that, even just including the mainstream stuff.