Page 21 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425263141 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I am not really angry, just annoyed at how poorly ran MOTUC has been despite the years of warnings and predictions from fans that all the issues and attitudes would eventually lead to the line's demise. I find the attitude of people who don't mind being treated like trash and will even defend it a lot more disturbing.

Anyways, it doesn't keep me up at night and I am already resigned that if MOTUC dies, then so be it. Matty can spin it every way they want but those with their eyes open know what happened.
    Do you follow football?

How many season ticket holders are angry when their team is not performing? How many of them get frustrated when their suggestions are not being listened to? How many think a change of coach will fix everything? How many still support their team in the end, no matter what?

Nearly all of them. And they are paying customers.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    To be honest, this line was founded on repelling its customers. Remember the 50 minute sell outs that made MOTUC the hot property it was?
    Exactly... Scott wants it to be "exclusive". So, at every turn, he tries to "exclude" people/customers/fans! In the early days, I think that had more to do with DR's inability to have a working website for that amount of traffic + artificial sell outs. They all got caught with their pants down in the first year or so. But they seemed to take this mistake/plan and run with it!

In truth, I think all these policies are enacted as to create controversy. Toyguru has said that any news, regardless if it is good or bad, gets people talking about the property.
    Yeah, you're probably right. It's a shame they won't ADVERTISE though. There was even a big discussion on the Org where (apparently) a lot of online retailers didn't even know that 2013 Subs were on sale. Mattel's not even get their own word out there!

Controversy/Scare Tactics, all this stuff is why I find it really hard to buy in! Forget the drama and the BS, just make the line succeed with a system and a Model that works! I mean, I'm not asking for much... I'm basically just asking for Mattel to make money!

Do you follow football?

How many season ticket holders are angry when their team is not performing? How many of them get frustrated when their suggestions are not being listened to? How many think a change of coach will fix everything? How many still support their team in the end, no matter what?

Nearly all of them. And they are paying customers.
    I don't really follow sports but I don't think that's the same thing. We are paying for a service and a product that Mattel does not seem all that willing to seriously honor.

When the sports fan buys his ticket, he is given exactly what he has paid for and that is to be in the audience for the game regardless of the outcome.

Matty is more of a 'I'll sell you a ticket but will not tell you who is playing' with an added 'I will also randomly deny you access to the game but will not refund you'

Look, I think sport is completely different. When you buy a ticket, you're buying hope... You don't know if your team will win, lose or draw.

Mattel makes toys, and promises that if you pay you WILL receive said toys. Now, when they don't arrive, or have defects, and they reply with "It's your fault for not getting the expensive shipping" or "Yeah, Roboto's reversed shoulders really kills me" but aren't prepared to do anything about it... well, that is wrong! I don't want to gamble with my toy collecting!

Sports teams don't blame the fans if they lose. If anything, they THANK the fans for their continued support. They're not "exclusive", rather the exact opposite... very "inclusive".

I don't really follow sports but I don't think that's the same thing. We are paying for a service and a product that Mattel does not seem all that willing to seriously honor.

When the sports fan buys his ticket, he is given exactly what he has paid for and that is to be in the audience for the game regardless of the outcome.

Matty is more of a 'I'll sell you a ticket but will not tell you who is playing' with an added 'I will also randomly deny you access to the game but will not refund you'
    It is the same thing as far as the fandom is concerned. It is the same emotional and monetary investment to a property. When both put their money in, in their mind they know what they are hoping to get for that money.

Try being a financial supporter to a losing team. You know going in that your money is helping to keep the team a float and you hope that things are going to turn around but the truth is, your team sucks no matter how many times they come out and say this is the year we turn it around. I see so many similarities with this that I see with MOTUC.

I will never argue against someone who thinks this line has been mismanaged because that is the truth, it has been mismanaged. Right from the start this line has been plagued by QC issues (SDCC King Grayskull's broken ankle) and poor decision making (50 minutes sell outs) but it was the fandom that kept it alive. From subscribers to cherry pickers, we are all supporting the line in our own way.

I personally, have been very lucky (I don't have a broken Goddess or cracked Snout Spout) and I can look over the collection I have amassed and be satisfied, even if I did not get every single figure in my initial wish list. I can only offer my opinion on what has happened to me personally, so that means no missed Fistos, no lost packages and no big issues with DR. I won't deny those things have happened because the evidence is there, but until it happens to me that is not my problem and not my concern.

The constant back and forth between Mattel and the fans has been exhausting and dizzying. The lack of updates has people on edge, myself included. It is time for me to step back and show some patience and see what happens in another week.

MOTU died once didn't it? I am sure that even if MOTUC fades eventually a revival will happen. After all these things come in cycles. Transformers, TMNT, Thundercats.

You can't keep a good toy line down.

Kurdt and I had issues with some figures apparently being rejected delivery (at our end) much sooner than they would have normally taken to get here. I thought that very fishy and DR wouldn't refund the postage... From what I have read from others cust. service alone, I am surprised that MOTUC has gone on for so long.

I strongly disagree with the Sub option only of them and probably won't bother with MOTUC anymore.

If (probably more likely when) a movie is made, more figures will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    MOTU died once didn't it?
    At least twice. Some people say 3.

I am sure that even if MOTUC fades eventually a revival will happen. After all these things come in cycles. Transformers, TMNT, Thundercats.
    Problem is... and it's one of the reason places like the Org has gone crazy... is many people have said MOTUC will be the last line for them. They will not start again!! Some of the angry comments about people not blindly buying in to a Sub are coming from supposed "die-hard" fans who have also said they won't collect a new line That explains their mentality!!

I strongly disagree with the Sub option only of them and probably won't bother with MOTUC anymore.
    Yep. It's out-dated.

Right now, I wish I wasn't banned so that I can set a lot of the idiots at He-Man.org straight.
    I've been targeted now too

I'll keep flying the flag, but I need my wing man back

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    I've been targeted now too

I'll keep flying the flag, but I need my wing man back
    From what I have seen you have been pretty good at shooting them down all on your own!

I like how you immediately brought up Scott's contradictions with Mattel management supporting the line. It really shows that regardless if the line is in trouble or not, Scott is not being straight with us.
    Last edited by kup; 1st August 2012 at 07:44 AM.

For anyone who thinks Scott doesn't give generic and formulaic responses, check out the below quotes. But let me give you some background. Now, this just affects the Ghostbusters fans, but it's directly linked to all the problems with MOTU and Scott...

Here's the story...
    1. Mattel cancelled the Ghostbusters Sub (after saying the line was in "great shape". Hmmmm sound familiar?)
    2. He promised (in writing) we the fans would still get Zuul for $20
    3. He then promised Zuul would not be an exclusive (which, she was... SDCC 2012 exclusive at $25 )
    4. Offered us a "Thank you" - but took nearly 6 months of nagging to announce it
    5. "Thank you" is revealed to be a GITD Slimer repaint
    6. Announces awesome Ecto-goggles prop -Yay!
    7. Allows MOTUC Sub holders to gain early access to Ecto-goggles (before GB fans on DOS)
    8. Scott says if Ghostbusters fans' bought more subs it wouldn't have happened (So, it's OUR fault?)!
    9. Scott suggests we stay positive. Maybe even consider buying a MOTU Sub to ensure we get GB Ecto-goggles!

Here's are Scott's responses to angry customers, who feel they're being screwed in order to give MOTU fans more incentives to buy more Subs...

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru
    If there were enough GB fans, we would have a GB sub. But 2012 showed that their just are not enough GB fans to support a figure sub right now.
    Even though he told us there were!

You are already jumping to the conclusion that you won't be able to get the Googles day of. Honestly, I prefer to stay positive and not dread hypothetical negative outcomes that don't even exist yet.
    I understand your feelings, but take a step back. You have already jumped to a "worst case scenario" in your own mind that doesn't exist yet. How in the world do you know that all the stock will be bought up by sub holders? Try not to live in a hypothetical negative reality. Think positive. Or else mood slime will get you.
    But you are already in a negative hypothetical reality where you can't get goggles. How do you know that is going to happen?

Try to stay positive. Lets see what happens before we jump into negative hypothetical situations.
    Honestly, you are already jumping to a negative hypothetical conclusion and assuming all of the stock will be bought up by early access. How do you know that is going to happen? Stay positive! It works for mood slime.
    How in the world do you know all of the stock will be bought up in early access? How do you know we aren't adjusting quotas to compensate? You are already in a hypothetical negative conclusion that doesn't actually exist. Why don't we wait and see what happens before getting upset about a situation which may not even exist. ;-)
    Yes i guess it is POSSIBLE you may miss out. But it is also possible there may be plenty of goggles for all!

Try not to jump to hypothetical worst case scenario conclusions. If you are always thinking the worst you will attract the worst. I try to stay positive and always hope for the best! Well, that and mood slime.
    Oh. My. God.

Cut and Paste much??

He seems to love repeating how we're all jumping to a hypothetical negative conclusion in the reality of our minds, and reminding us to chill like "Mood Slime"

This guy has got to be stopped. He has no idea what he is doing. It's not enough to completely alienate MOTUC fans, he wants the DCUC and GB fans to hate him too??!!

But, to be fair, Scott doesn't always just type the same generic answers! No... sometimes he comes up with pearls of wisdom like this...

No one is saying it is fair. Life is not fair.
    Thanks for looking out for us Scotty

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    For anyone who thinks Scott doesn't give generic and formulaic responses, check out the below quotes. But let me give you some background. Now, this just affects the Ghostbusters fans, but it's directly linked to all the problems with MOTU and Scott...

Here's the story...
    1. Mattel cancelled the Ghostbusters Sub (after saying the line was in "great shape". Hmmmm sound familiar?)
    2. He promised (in writing) we the fans would still get Zuul for $20
    3. He then promised Zuul would not be an exclusive (which, she was... SDCC 2012 exclusive at $25 )
    4. Offered us a "Thank you" - but took nearly 6 months of nagging to announce it
    5. "Thank you" is revealed to be a GITD Slimer repaint
    6. Announces awesome Ecto-goggles prop -Yay!
    7. Allows MOTUC Sub holders to gain early access to Ecto-goggles (before GB fans on DOS)
    8. Scott says if Ghostbusters fans' bought more subs it wouldn't have happened (So, it's OUR fault?)!
    9. Scott suggests we stay positive. Maybe even consider buying a MOTU Sub to ensure we get GB Ecto-goggles!

He seems to love repeating how we're all jumping to a hypothetical negative conclusion in the reality of our minds, and reminding us to chill like "Mood Slime"

This guy has got to be stopped. He has no idea what he is doing. It's not enough to completely alienate MOTUC fans, he wants the DCUC and GB fans to hate him too??!!

But, to be fair, Scott doesn't always just type the same generic answers! No... sometimes he comes up with pearls of wisdom like this...

Thanks for looking out for us Scotty
    Yeah, it is very clear that Scott's mismanagement of the line is not 'opinion' or anything subjective like that but absolute and documented fact.

Despite all that, there are still people out there that defend him as if he were some sort of hero despite all the abuse. Again, they seem like battered wives to me, Scott can do whatever he wants to them and they are still supporting him. If they start to get a bit annoyed, all that Scott needs to do is another stupid video saying the same old rethoric and suddenly he is a 'super fan' again in their eyes

Amusingly enough, He-Man.org locked a thread which a guys started discussing Scott's 'Scare tactics'. This fascist information control they are doing to gain Mattel's favor is really stupid. All that it does, is create divisions in the fandom and gives Mattel the wrong idea of how the line is perceived.