Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Victorion team-members comic art

Default Victorion team-members comic art

I may have missed the team name before, but the six female Autobots making up Victorion are called the Torchbearers.

The comic art of all six have been released, and they are still green and red, but not as brightly painful to look at as the pre-production toys did at SDCC.

I feel that most of the names are a bit weak (uncreative), or awkward to say... almost like it was the final thing to do, and it was a last minute rush job that was thought up while submitting the forms to the trademark office.

For some reason I have trouble with Rust Dust's name. I keep thinking it's Rush Dash. Or Rash Dust.

The original comic scans that revealed Victorion also had a much lighter shades of the colours too and it worked better than the toys on display at SDCC.

Wonder if the headsculpts are going to look as femine on the toys as that artwork. Annoys me when they do femmebots as just recolours of male characters - especially since it doesn't happen that often the other way round - bit of a double standard and a bit patriarchal in thinking

Cybertron Override would be the exception to the rule I guess. Maybe Japanese Airazor too.

The Torchbearers?

Is that because they are an all female team? That's just awful. Agreed on the names. Hopefully the bios will justify the names a bit more...

Also, I hate those ebay ads at the top of TFW. I keep clicking it thinking it will take me to the picture gallery....

Agree with the names sounding tacked on at the last minute. They do not need girly sounding names, but some that roll off the tongue would have been nice.

Colour scheme is still pretty awful, I want to support this combiner but it keeps getting harder and harder.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Pyra Magna's a rather morbid name, considering that "Pyra" is Latin for a freaking funeral pyre! So her name means "Pyre Great"*... so she's really good at cremating?! Sounds like a name for suited for a Decepticon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    *Yeah, the word order's wrong. It should be "Magna Pyra," same as with "Magna Carta." Latin adjectives come after a noun if there's a verb in the sentence, e.g. "pyra magna est" ('the pyre is great').

Man, Sarah PD's art is really nice.

The names sound like 80% of transformers names already in existence, but I agree Rust Dust is probably the weakest. And I thought they were supposed to be teal and red, not green? Would probably clash too much though.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Wonder if the headsculpts are going to look as femine on the toys as that artwork. Annoys me when they do femmebots as just recolours of male characters - especially since it doesn't happen that often the other way round - bit of a double standard and a bit patriarchal in thinking
    It probably doesn't happen that often because male tf characters have far outnumbered female tf characters for the past thirty years, and even less of those girls actually get toys.

I love ultra-feminine and curvy girl robots, but I don't see anything wrong with female characters being repaints of male characters - especially when the toys don't have any typically masculine identifiers in the first place. They're just robots.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    I love ultra-feminine and curvy girl robots, but I don't see anything wrong with female characters being repaints of male characters - especially when the toys don't have any typically masculine identifiers in the first place. They're just robots.
    I love my femmebots like that as well (feminine, curvy etc though I do think Strika is awesome!). As for recolours from male bots I don't mind them but as stated earlier I feel they should have at least a female touch like a new headsculpt. Otherwise why bother stating it's a femmebot if the toy is not in some small way going to acknowledge it

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I love my femmebots like that as well (feminine, curvy etc though I do think Strika is awesome!). As for recolours from male bots I don't mind them but as stated earlier I feel they should have at least a female touch like a new headsculpt. Otherwise why bother stating it's a femmebot if the toy is not in some small way going to acknowledge it
    Sure it's nice, but I don't see it as a requirement. And females don't have to look stereotypically feminine, either. What about androgynous women? Tomboys? Does Strika's toy "acknowledge" she's a female? Does Whirl's toy "acknowledge" he's male? Why bother stating Whirl is male if he doesn't look like it?
    If you don't need male identifiers for male robots, then you don't need female identifiers for female robots. Unless you think male is "default" and female is "other".

We've already seen the head sculpts for the toys.
    Apart from Rust Dust , they're all new anyway.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2