Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unite Warriors UW05 Convoy Grand Prime

Default Unite Warriors UW05 Convoy Grand Prime

Takara's version of Optimus Maximus called Convoy Grand Prime is up at Takara Tomy Mall

http://takaratomymall.jp/shop/g/g4904810841456/

Yet another Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive to be released by end of February 2016

We want the box shot!

...that could have been taken the wrong way...

I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I just can't stop looking at them as oversized legend figures xD. I must admit that combined prime looks alright, can't say the same for the individual bots thou.

Not sure if this one can replace this guy

That Energon/Superlink combiner is certainly what they were aiming for... and since it isn't a general release set, it can aim for a more obscure reference or nod.
    If this has a mini-comic like Grand Scourge, it would be a great pairing of the two Energon/Superlink combiner homages.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    The TakaraTomyMall link in the first post has the full size images, plus extra images of the individual toys in both modes.

I like the darker yellow of Sunstreaker, as the pale yellow of the Hasbro version bugged me.

I'm not a fan of attaching accessories in vehicle mode if they aren't designed to look like part of the vehicle mode. Even though the original
    Gen1 combiners had oversized cannons for their vehicle modes, these "pre-Combiner" Autobots didn't have them in Gen1, so don't look right having them (in my mind).

A shame that they are a TakaraTomyMall exclusive. I'm surprised by that, as I would have expected these iconic Gen1 characters to have just as
    much demand as the other Combiners, as it has been several years for since most of those five have had a Classic-verse toy... so a whole new
    generation would be interested in a Prowl, Sunstreaker, Mirage, Ironhide and Optimus.
    At least Hasbro HK should be releasing it as well, but it will still be harder to buy than the first three Japanese Combiner sets.

I posted this in the PC thread but for those who didn't notice, PC have a limited pre order up for $189.95.

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    We want the box shot!
    Gold!
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Still waiting for Jazz, Windcharger and Sideswipe to be made into combiners, then I'll buy them.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

If takara is aiming for G1 colors why still use wrong numbers on Mirage