Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers display stands

Default Transformers display stands

Interesting new piece of merchandise coming out soon - official Transformers display stands coming out on 20th December. 540 yen, or roughly $6AU. Link courtesy of seibertron.com.

They look kind of like the Tamashii Stage Acts, only less articulated and more sturdy . No pics of a Decepticon version so far, only the Autobot-logo take.

It's a nice idea which I'd like to support, I might get one for my Legends Windblade.

so this is what they were thinking not giving Road Rage a flight stand. Mass producing the MP Tracks stand is not a bad idea but yeah we hope for a Decepticon stand probably a "legit" seekers stand (well not really sure if those seekers stands floating around are legit stands though)

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Bandai have been making stands for their Gundam mg kits and about $5-$7 and will hold mp-10

Yes is a bit late but still something.

This is pretty cool, I've already got several different stands for posing transformers in flight in my display, some work better than others.

I am always on the lookout for new interesting ways of improving what limited display space I have.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Is this the same as the MP Tracks stand

If so, they would be crazy not to mass-produce it and sell it.

It's listed on TakaraTomyMall so could just be a TTM exclusive... which would be a shame, as it will make it difficult for many to get them directly without paying a middleman markup.

It notes that there are a number of Masterpiece toys, Movie Advanced (from last year), and Legends (Generations) toys that have post holes included in the toys for display stands like this one... so someone was thinking about dynamic displays for the collector-focused toys for some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Is this the same as the MP Tracks stand

If so, they would be crazy not to mass-produce it and sell it.

It's listed on TakaraTomyMall so could just be a TTM exclusive... which would be a shame, as it will make it difficult for many to get them directly without paying a middleman markup.

It notes that there are a number of Masterpiece toys, Movie Advanced (from last year), and Legends (Generations) toys that have post holes included in the toys for display stands like this one... so someone was thinking about dynamic displays for the collector-focused toys for some time now.

Yes the very same Tracks stand just made it transluscent. The PDF link on the TTM site shows figures that can be mounted on this stand (in robot, alt or flight mode). Should have a 3mm hole port.

MP 25, 26, 27, 28 and obviously 30 are compatible

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    This is pretty cool, I've already got several different stands for posing transformers in flight in my display, some work better than others.

I am always on the lookout for new interesting ways of improving what limited display space I have.
    I use YetiStands for my Macross Valkyries (which as a plane dude, I'm surprised you don't collect). They work great but aren't the cheapest.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I use YetiStands for my Macross Valkyries (which as a plane dude, I'm surprised you don't collect). They work great but aren't the cheapest.
    Wow, I've never heard of the Yeti stands, very cool.

I like the Macross Valkyries, but I can't afford to start collecting them. so I don't.
    I pick my dark rabbit holes with some care
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

As nice as display stands are, I find that they just take up too much precious shelf space.

They are nice when displaying a few toys but otherwise takes up too much space as Gok mentioned.

I don't mind them but I always felt that stands should either try be invisible or look to be part of a diorama. I don't like it when they have sculpting or features as that makes the figure look as if it is hanging by something artifically rather than an actual action pose.

Minor observation though as they are a million times better than the god awful MOTUC ones.