Page 120 of 154 FirstFirst ... 100110115116117118119120121122123124125130140 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1535

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Tomb raider. Good movie. Gritty like the game. Wasnt sure if it was staying grounded or adding supernatural elements. The floor scene messed it up. Over all good quality flick. If you enjoyed the game will like the movie. 8/10. Felt the first killing scene with her and no killing for killing sake. Like to see where they go from here.
    Thought it was damn good too. I haven't played the game but know of it and seen some friends play it. Gritty indeed. And silly me forgot my indoor glasses so had to wear my sunglasses so I could see properly, drowned out some of the lighter colours. Made it more gritty and tbh maybe a lil better. I look forward to seeing more.

Funny that one reviewer panned it, choosing to focus on her lack of sex appeal. Whilst I think she is attractive, that's not the reason I watched it.

As for the supernatural element [SPOILER]the booby traps whilst somewhat stretches belief, no further than Goonies done before.[/SPOILER]

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I enjoyed tomb raider a lot more than Star Wars. In fact I think this is my favourite tomb raider movie.

My only criticism would be she was too clean in some of the scenes. Doesn't bug me too much as overall this is the kind of story I am expecting for tomb raider.

It's been more than a week and no one has seen Ready Player One yet? Please lift your game guys. You won't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I enjoyed tomb raider a lot more than Star Wars. In fact I think this is my favourite tomb raider movie.

My only criticism would be she was too clean in some of the scenes. Doesn't bug me too much as overall this is the kind of story I am expecting for tomb raider.
    I finally got around to watching the Jolie one, wasn't much interested. Some cool scenes but mostly boring I felt. Shows even the best cast can't make a good film. The new one however I really dug

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    It's been more than a week and no one has seen Ready Player One yet? Please lift your game guys. You won't regret it.
    I haven't even had the chance to see Black Panther yet, let alone that lol. On my to watch list

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    Really looking forward to this one! I generally avoid the first 1-3 weeks of release as we prefer to have the cinema to ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I haven't even had the chance to see Black Panther yet, let alone that lol. On my to watch list
    Having said the above, we tried to watch Black Panther on Good Friday and the cinema was completely sold out - 6th week since it's release. We were thinking wth.

Good movie, saw it on Easter Monday by booking ahead.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

A Quiet Place - very very well done horror thriller. Catch it in as empty a cinema as possible.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Having said the above, we tried to watch Black Panther on Good Friday and the cinema was completely sold out - 6th week since it's release. We were thinking wth.

Good movie, saw it on Easter Monday by booking ahead.
    I saw it on Wednesday night, and there were about a dozen people in there.

I didn't think it was a bad movie, but I didn't think it was one of the best MCU movies, and couldn't figure out why it has been breaking records at the box office. There was so many times that I just wanted to pull out a remote control and fast forward a scene.
    And I felt it lacked a linking plot-device to the overall Infinity Gauntlet/stones or Avengers story... it really felt like a stand-alone movie in the MCU, when pretty much every other one had an Avengers element or Infinity Stones element.
    Having Bucky tacked onto the end seemed so unnecessary, and he should have been one of the active characters of the movie, just to rope it into the main story universe of the current Phase of Marvel Movies.

As for the Infinity War movie... it starts in a few days time, and last week was the first time I saw it advertised on TV (and have only seen it advertised three times so far).
    I was expecting saturation for the last couple of months, like we get with the other Billion Dollar franchises of Star Wars and Transformers... but it's almost like they spent so much money making the movie (said to be close to US$400 million), that they don't have much money left to spend on promoting it.
    Or at least, the movie studio doesn't want to spend the usual US$100-150 million on marketing a billion dollar movie, to make sure that they make back enough to be worth the expense.

I think Infinity War has been coming for a long time and enough people know about it that they don't need to oversaturate on advertising. I've seen quite a few ads for it though. You're right though, can be put in a standalone film list too. Some links to Civil War, just not alot into Infinity War

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Watched Black Panther, I felt it was good. But in terms of where it ranks I have loved Thor Ragnarok over this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I think Infinity War has been coming for a long time and enough people know about it that they don't need to oversaturate on advertising. I've seen quite a few ads for it though. You're right though, can be put in a standalone film list too. Some links to Civil War, just not alot into Infinity War
    Considering that generations of Black Panthers can communicate with the dead and that (as shown in the Infinity War trailers) Thanos launches an attack on Wakanda. I'm willing to bet that Wakanda is home to the soul stone (which is the big orange stone that fits on the back of the infinity gauntlet).