Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toyfair Australia part three - official images

Default Toyfair Australia part three - official images

This third part of the Australian Toyfair Transformers reveals are some new official CG images from the WFC Siege toyline from Hasbro, to share with the fandom.

Micromaster Sports Car Patrol - Blackjack & Hyperdrive - wave 3
    Micromaster Off Road Patrol - Highjump & Powertrain - wave 4
    Deluxe Barricade - wave 4

Sports Car Patrol - Blackjack & Hyperdrive - wave 3

Off Road Patrol - Highjump & Powertrain - wave 4

Barricade - wave 4

Loving the purple windshield and wheel rims on barricade.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I love the little touch of having the "screw" in the chest, I'm sure there were alternatives for this design in look and functionality.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Are powertrain highjump autos or dcons?

I think I'm the only one a bit disappointed that Barricade isn't based on G1 when everything else in Siege (and most of CHUG) is G1-based. Plus the fact that Siege is giving us Micromasters which would've been the perfect opportunity to have a Siege G1 Barricade.

Having said that, I must admit that Siege Barricade does look good and appears to inspired by the fan art by Guido Guidi. Not sure why Barricade's doors say "POLICE" in Autobotese rather than Decepticonese. And if the idea is to make him disguise himself as an Autobot, then that's completely defeated by the Decepticon insignia on his bonnet!

Anyway, I hope this won't stop Hasbro from giving us a proper G1 CHUG Barricade. Por que no los dos, Hasbro? LOS DOOOOOSS!!

I'm a bit huh as to why they went with Barricade rather than Smokescreen first, but then again, Siege does seem to be Autobot heavy from memory.

Hasbro, can I please have a Micromaster Barricade next time???

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I think I'm the only one a bit disappointed that Barricade isn't based on G1.
    *raises hand* Me too!

Plus the fact that Siege is giving us Micromasters which would've been the perfect opportunity to have a Siege G1 Barricade.
    Exactly right. Personally I wouldn't care if they had brought Bayverse Barricade over to any other CHUG line, but Siege just seems super inappropriate as this should have been G1 Barry's time to shine.

"But Bayverse Barricade is more popular" Yes, I've been getting this counter-argument a lot and it's true that Bayverse Barricade is more popular than G1, but so what? There have been heaps of obscure characters/toys redone in CHUG in the last few years. Clones, Cog, Brunt, Duocons, Jumpstarters, other Micromasters, and many more we never thought would get the CHUG treatment have been given modern updates.

Bayverse Barry has had numerous toys over the last ten years. Meanwhile, G1 Barry hasn't had a toy since 1990, so can't we just let him have one teensy tiny update?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I'm a bit huh as to why they went with Barricade rather than Smokescreen first, but then again, Siege does seem to be Autobot heavy from memory.
    To be fair, it's because G1 was Autobot heavy. One thing that really impressed me when Beast Wars came along was how the two sides suddenly became evenly matched. But yeah, it's the reason why writers often had to fill in the Decepticon ranks with generic gumbies like those purple Jets etc. - what we would now call Vehicons I suppose. You rarely saw "Vehibots."

P.S.: It'll also be interesting to see how TakaraTOMY markets the Siege Micromasters, because in Japan almost every Micromaster was an Autobot, and that includes the Air Strike Patrol. Off memory I can only think of 5 Japanese Micromasters who were Decepticons - and yes, Barricade was one of them!

I think I'm the only one a bit disappointed that Barricade isn't based on G1 when everything else in Siege (and most of CHUG) is G1-based. Plus the fact that Siege is giving us Micromasters which would've been the perfect opportunity to have a Siege G1 Barricade.
    I take your point. But hey, it’s $40 less I’ll be shelling out that I can put towards my Reflector pre-orders

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister