Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: MP Star Saber - Brainmaster gimmick & more!

Default MP Star Saber - Brainmaster gimmick & more!

Surprised this hasn't been posted so here it is!

Cybergeeks Alliance Facebook posted some scans from Generations Deluxe Vol2, which was released in limited quantities at the TF Expo, ahead of it's general release later this month.

The pics confirm the Brainmaster compartment will have the "Brain Set" gimmick similar to the original toy - though it looks as though it achieves it in a different manner (the head seems to be hidden just under the neck of Saber, rather than contained with the Brainmaster due to his size?). This seems to be to allow Saber's head to rotate - not sure if he can tilt though. Star Saber himself retains the same "Battle Up" gimmick as the G1 toy - whether the faceplate is spring loaded isn't clear.

Star Saber's sword is confirmed as well, combining with the nose of Saber's alt mode just like it should. It looks like the V-Star contains the same kind of storage compartment for the blade as on the G1 toy, but this time he can be posted better as if he's reaching for it. Previously his gun was also seen mounted on the back of the V-Star. I wonder how the sword will scale with Saber holding it - or if they'll include a separate smaller one for him?

Finally Saber's jet has a standard opening cockpit that the Brainmaster can again sit in like the G1 toy - with a nicely moulded control panel to boot! Here's hoping they can get some good paint apps in there too.

Resident TFW translator SydneyY also mentioned that a caption says there will be no "Fire Base" mode for the MP. I had to look up what that was exactly, so i doubt it'll be missed by many!

I so want this.

From taghobby:

Which brings us to where we are today...

Wow. Love the posability of the hands. I hope there is some more in the wrists so that we can get some wicked sword wielding poses.

Keen for a release!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

For those that were worried he wasn't coming with his sword

He's gonna be awesome. I just hope I will have the funds to buy him when he's coming out.

who is starsaber?

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    who is starsaber?
    Star Saber was a paragon of good behaviour. He was never greedy, so he never had to sneak food, and he never once wet the bed and got scolded for it. He was, however, still a fun-loving kid, who would zoom around on a skateboard while wearing his bedsheet as a cape

Yeah! Antenna gimmick!

It's also a structurally sensible thing to do as the thin antennae can just fall off instead of being snapped ala MP-10's smoke stacks in the event of a mishap.

I had convinced myself that I didn't need this, but I'm rapidly losing that argument with myself, he looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    I had convinced myself that I didn't need this, but I'm rapidly losing that argument with myself, he looks great!
    you don't need MP Wheeljack :P