Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Ep 7 - early Movie news

Default Star Wars Ep 7 - early Movie news

Holy crap! Disney buys Lucasarts including Star Wars!

http://finance.ninemsn.com.au/newsbu...-wars-film-set

yup, heard it on the radio.

Stars Wars 7, 8 and 9

How does Disney have the $$$ to throw around? They've acquired Pixar (kind of), Marvel and now Lucasarts.

What next Nickelodeon?

This probably means the death of the clone wars cartoon too, or at least the darker undertones of the series.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Can you imagine Mickey mouse waving a light saber around?

So... Leia is now a Disney Princess?
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    How does Disney have the $$$ to throw around? They've acquired Pixar (kind of), Marvel and now Lucasarts.

What next Nickelodeon?

This probably means the death of the clone wars cartoon too, or at least the darker undertones of the series.
    Disney released The Princess Mononoke in the West, and they kept the darkness of that film in tact (although they did release it under their Miramax name and not under the Disney logo). I hope they do that for Eps 7-9, cos there's a lot of dark stuff in that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    Can you imagine Mickey mouse waving a light saber around?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    So... Leia is now a Disney Princess?
    Considering it's eps 7, 8 and 9 we'd also have Mara Jade Skywalker and Jaina Solo... and Qwi Xux just for good measure (what? They don't all have to be human, do they? ) Throw in a Yuuzhan Vong chick if you wanna get nas-tee.

What I'm curious to see is... will they pronounce Xizor's name correctly! It should be said as "Shee-zor," and not "Zikk-zor." Yes... stuff like this keeps me up at night.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Considering it's eps 7, 8 and 9 we'd also have Mara Jade Skywalker and Jaina Solo...
    We don't know that, though - they could well throw out and throw off the Expanded Universe, like the prequels did (although even more so in this case, since at least the prequels clearly had to get to a certain point.) Personally, as long as Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher are in it, I'm psyched for these sequels.

Disney and Lucas have been partners for years. He is going to retire and someone has to take over. He has handed over star wars to one of his produces too. So episodes 7,8,9 are ago! Fingers crossed this will work out. It had to happen one day. He can't keep going forever and he got 4 billion for it too :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    We don't know that, though - they could well throw out and throw off the Expanded Universe, like the prequels did (although even more so in this case, since at least the prequels clearly had to get to a certain point.) Personally, as long as Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher are in it, I'm psyched for these sequels.
    They could jump the story into the future of the star wars univers and skip the books. Or the books won't matter. But my daughter wants Mara jade. It is her name sake after all.

I think it will be difficult for Lucas to see this being taken over, but I guess he sees that he's not going to do much more with the franchise... and had to finally abandon his plans to build a filming studio near his house (which may have been part of his plan to do more Star Wars projects, but is now tainted... or just spitting the dummy).

If Disney wants to keep a darker, more mature feel to the Star Wars franchise, they have other labels they use (which they've done in the past), but it will be neutered a little to keep with their overall "brand recognition".

I wonder if Lucas will have any involvement at all in future projects, during its transition to a "new generation", or if he is just washing his hands of the whole thing now, and just complain from the sidelines as a "classic fan".

A new movie every two years... Hasbro will be happy with that if they keep the Star Wars license. They can alternate between Star Wars and Transformers Movie years.