Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cliffjumper Upgraded!

You're welcome kup

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    At first I was going to use Hobby Glue but I have found it to be hopeless not just with this material but everything else. So I just used regular super glue.

You don't need much of it, just strategically apply it to places that make contact with the surface of the toy. The advantage of Superglue is that it settles quickly so you don't have to hold it for long until it dries. That's the trick.

If you have excess superglue (assuming you didn't apply to much) you can always scratch it off with your own nails when it dries and then wipe it with a wet cloth. It doesn't leave marks, only a white residue which can be wiped.

The trick is to only apply enough glue and hold it in place for at least a minute and then allow it to dry till the next day before transforming.

Important note: The front bumper is fairly fragile so be careful not to break it. The part that I found the hardest by far when it comes to gluing was the rear spoiler mainly due to me being a perfectionist in aligning it right .

The second hardest was the head as I found the Bumblebee head very difficult to remove but it seems that others don't have this issue.
    Great tips! Will keep these in mind when I mod mine.

i used tiger grip glue - apparently its one of the stronger glues out there.....

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

ThomasOm Guest

That looks outstanding! It's almost ridiculous that Hasbro didn't take this measure themselves... ah well, makes it al lthe more special, right? : D

Bumblebee and CJ look wonderful together, like a deformed copy of Sunstreaker and Sideswipe - similar ,but the subtle differences make for two entirely distinct appearances.

Thanks again for my set, Kyle! : )

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    i used tiger grip glue - apparently its one of the stronger glues out there.....

George
    I don't know about Tiger glue, but I have noticed that the 'brand' name glues are usually the crappiest. The best Superglue that I have ever used is from the Reject shop, as I mentioned, I tried the expensive hobby glue and it sucked because its so slow drying and here you need to hold things in place as there are no hinges.

Reject shop Super Glue only takes 30s to dry enough in order to stay in place but I keep pressure on it for at least a minute. This also helps as because since the piece no longer moves about due to the quick drying, it doesn't leave much glue residue and if it does, its minimal and easy to remove.

is there any sort of special glue that we can use besides the reject shop's super glue? any recommendations.

borge, where do we get this tiger grip glue?

I use Loctite, sticks my fingers together very well.

is there any sort of special glue that we can use besides the reject shop's super glue? any recommendations.
    For a good general purpose glue, for example gluing painted surfaces I use Araldite ultra clear. It's workable for about 5 minutes before setting and I'd leave parts overnight before using. It's pretty clear and doesn't leave any residue. Plus if the two parts don't come into contact with each other it never sets, I have a set that's still good for about two years now. I find that a tube of superglue lasts maybe a month even if you seal it up tight.

http://www.selleys.com.au/Selleys-Ar...r/default.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post

borge, where do we get this tiger grip glue?
    i got it from those riot art and craft stores - its 125ml - i got it for that custom quintesson i bought

i like it because it works well when used properly on plastic. you put glue on both surfaces, and when the glue is touch dry BAM!! whack em together, and you have a nice hold

plus it actually dries CLEAR, which is good

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

hmm..The surface of half of Cliffjumper's face doesn't reflect well with the flash. I will see if I can take a photo with natural light and no flash as it kinda looks like half of his face is roughed up.