Thread: Transformers games possibly being removed from online platforms

Default Transformers games removed from online platforms

Destructoid noticed that Activision's Transformers games were removed from Steam and PSN earlier today.

https://www.destructoid.com/the-tran...m-478942.phtml

The removal from PSN appears to not be in every region as we can still buy them here in Australia. Also until Tuesday evening there is a sale on Transformers games on Xbox Live.

https://majornelson.com/2017/12/18/t...ight-sale-111/

It's likely that the contract for the Transformers games is up for renewal and negotiations have not finished or broken down. This could result in the games and their DLC been unavailable for many months or possibly forever. So if you really want them you may want to act now.
    Last edited by DELTAprime; 3rd January 2018 at 03:18 PM. Reason: update

Just updating this. All Transformers games and DLC has now been pulled from all online stores.

If you already own them you can redownload them, just can't purchase them anymore.

No official announcement yet as to why?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    No official announcement yet as to why?
    No official word.

The exact same thing happened with Activision's Marvel games a year or two back and then one day they reappeared plus there was a new port of Deadpool to the current gen consoles and neither Activision or Disney said much on the whole thing. I'd expect Activision and Hasbro not to say anything also and maybe one day we will see those games appear again with no warning like the Marvel games.

Actually it seems that it's a tad more serious then just being removed as Devastation has also had its API removed from the Steam database.
    What this means is not only is it not available to purchase from Steam (though Steam keys from retailers should still work) but also that it doesnt show up on your profile as "owned" nor will the community pages count hours played or show achievements earned.
    Achievements should still work but since you cant see what ones you havent unlocked might be hard for achievement hunters to track down any ones they are missing (unless you use a site such as astats. Link to Devastation achievement list).

Another tidbit of information from Steam, all Transformers community market items (such as trading cards, emoticons, backgrounds) now show the following notice "This item can no longer be bought or sold on the Community Market because Valve no longer has a business relationship with the developer".
    Obviously since Activision is still selling games on Steam it could be related to the developers, but that's just a guess on my part.

As long as it doesn't interfere with my playing an hour of devastation every 3 months I'm not that fussed.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

It's official - Activision's license with Hasbro has ended, 12 years after it began in 2006.

Called it.

Now it's just a matter of if they can reach a new deal as to if the games get put back up on the various stores.

There is a chance though Activision may not get a new deal. One likely outcome is Activision is just not interested because licensed games don't sell like they used to. With the exception of Star Wars and sports games, licensed games are normally made smaller these days as they are not million plus sellers. That's if they are even made for console and PC in the first place. You're more likely to find a game for your favourite TV show or movie on a smartphone than a real system.