Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Two new Animated characters - animation models.

I like them both - I particularly like Wheeljack's huge moustache. I suspect one or both of the lines on his 'faceplate' is actually his mouth.

I don't mind the 'nerdy scientist' look. I think the variety of body types in Animated is something of a balm in fact. But good or bad, stereotypes often help to convey information about a character quickly without the need for lengthy exposition, and it's not actually offensive (it's just an egghead and corrective lenses). And they're probably not 'corrective' so much as some super-extra-science-view glasses.
    Last edited by SofaMan; 6th December 2008 at 04:57 PM.
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

Maybe Animated Perceptor is like the Doctor - he doesn't need glasses but likes to wear them just to look clever!

Looking really good!

I'm really enjoying the designs for the Animated robot forms. The alt modes can be hit and miss but these bot forms look great. The beard does look a little odd. Not merely because its a robot with a beard but also because its over a mouthplate. Odd indeed. The utility belt is another sign that the creators are trying to really humanize the characters to try and transcend their robot origins to allow the audience to relate much easier.

Perceptor looks great as well. Would be very interested in the figures they make out of them.

Wheeljack looks like Mr T(jack):

The interesting thing will be what Perceptor transforms into. Wheeljack will probably look a bit like his Gen1 car form, but would they really have Perceptor turn into a microscope? Would a deluxe size (expected) figure that turns into something as 'boring' as a microscope be given the green light as a toy? Even Animated Soundwave got a vehicle mode, so I wonder what Perceptor will become.

Derrick Wyatt apparently said somewhere that Perceptor turns into a "tank of science". If that is what they call his alt mode on his toy package, EPIC AWESOME WIN.

Also, Wheeljack and Perceptor are totally the TFA Mythbusters. Come on, Wheeljack's face is proof enough. It'd mean that he'd be his G1 self except with an appetite for explosions.

I can see now... They're gonna blow up A LOT of things on the show...

That would be on par with Wheeljack's G1 cartoon persona. I hope they're not going to be "bumbling" professors (but they probably will). :/

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon
    Derrick Wyatt apparently said somewhere that Perceptor turns into a "tank of science". If that is what they call his alt mode on his toy package, EPIC AWESOME WIN.
    That would actually work if it looked similar to his G1 toy's tank mode. Perceptor never used this mode in the cartoon, although in the comics he did use the tank cannon in microscope mode once against Galvatron (Target:2006). It would also make a Magnificus repaint more meaningful too (as e-Hobby marketed Magnificus' "preferred" alt mode as the tank rather than the Microscope - Gamede was the pilot for the tank).

SilverDragon/Geminii, that's gold!