Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Hall of Fame pre-voting has begun...

Default 2015 Hall of Fame pre-voting has begun...

...and once again we weren't invited to participate.
    (we are one of the largest fansites outside of America)

The pre-voting is the nominations round that select American fansites are invited to submit a shortlist of nominees, and later the actual vote is likely to occur through facebook or the Transformers App.
    (if you are a member of an American fansite that is participating in this nominations round, you only have until Thursday US time - some time on Friday here)

So this year is a little different, as there are two extra categories of other things to vote for.

1 - Favourite Transformers Character (the usual category that fans vote for - of a fictional robot character)

2 - Best Combiner Robot (well, it is the year of the Combiner theme, so this was no surprise)

3 - Best Musical act/creator/musician(s) used in a Transformers production (your favourite bit of music in a cartoon or movie, and note who did it if you know)

That third one is an unusual category, but I like that the fans have a vote on some humans now, as I've been recommending this for a couple years now. Maybe it will open up some other Human categories in future years, like Best Designer, Best Voice Actor, or Best Artist/writer/etc for comics.

Since we can't participate in the pre-voting nominations round, we can still post here with who you would have nominated if we had been invited. We could then tally up the votes on the weekend.

Just note that for number 3, Stan Bush is already inducted. (for those of you who still remember him )

And for number 1, the following characters are already inducted...
    2010 - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron, Starscream, BW Dinobot
    2011 - Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave, Waspinator
    2012 - Grimlock, Jazz, Shockwave, Wheeljack
    2013 - Ultra Magnus, BW Megatron (no automatic inductees)
    2014 - Arcee, Rodimus (no automatic inductees)

Vote here, and we can see what a non-American fansite would have submitted as nominations.

1) Optimus Primal
    2) Monstructor
    3) Bud budiskinky
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

So 3 will be Stan Bush right? It should be Linkin Park for somehow providing three different songs for the first three live action films that all sound the same.

With only one person voting, I guess this is why Hasbro only invites the American fansites to participate... or people in general have just lost interest in the whole concept now that all the really iconic characters are already inducted.

My votes would be...

1 - Hound... he was a favourite of mine on the cartoon, and with a Movie character last year, he would be a good choice for a "30 year" character for the HOF.
    2 - Gen1 Bruticus, as it was in the comics and cartoons a lot when I got into Transformers, and Brawl was my favourite combiner toy as a kid.
    3 - Vince DiCola... just because I'm an aging fanboy who would like to see him join Stan Bush. (I get the feeling that he might be a guest this year, just in case he wins the vote.)
    Last edited by griffin; 16th April 2015 at 01:02 PM.

As the other sites seem to be nominating a preferred 3, I'll do that here too.

character: Hound, Mirage, Thundercracker

Combiner: Bruticus, Devastator, Superion

Human: Ford Kinder and Anne Bryant (composers of the original Transformers Theme), Robert J. Walsh (composer of the G1 score music). Without these 3 people transformers wouldn't be what it is today. (Stan Bush was awarded last year)
    Last edited by UltraMarginal; 16th April 2015 at 01:29 PM.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    With only one person voting, I guess this is why Hasbro only invites the American fansites to participate... or people in general have just lost interest in the whole concept now that all the real iconic characters are already inducted.
    You're looking at this the wrong way. More people would vote here IF we were asked to particpate. Since whatever we say here has no impact on the outcome there's zero incentive to play except for fun.

My additional votes (on top of Linkin Park) Sideswipe and Rail Racer

1) Jetfire or Thundercracker (all my other faves are already in)
    2) Superion (Autobot) / Devastator (Decepticon)
    3) Whoever wrote the Transformers Prime music unless the G1 theme writers haven't been inducted... in that case it would be whoever composed the G1 theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    3) Whoever wrote the Transformers Prime music unless the G1 theme writers haven't been inducted... in that case it would be whoever composed the G1 theme.
    Brian Tyler did the Prime music. The intro/end credit music is one of my favourites.

1. Optimus Primal
    2. Tripledacus/Tripredacus
    3. Vince DiCola

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Brian Tyler did the Prime music. The intro/end credit music is one of my favourites.
    yea, if the original theme artists and vince DiCola were already in there he would be sharing my vote with Steve jablonsky.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)