Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Australian Transformers Convention

There's already a thread about Goktimus' distasteful creation. Which he should could have just linked to rather than reposting the pic in this thread. Why not discuss it over there.

I made that post in a hurry - so I didn't have time to dig up the thread and post it. Anyway, it was just an example of a blatantly "original" creation that HasTak can't claim any ownership over -- I was never suggesting that anybody actually use that character design (and I did actually explicitly state that too).

The point I was making is that you should be able to get away with design your own unique/original transforming-robot character without impeding on Hasbro/Takara's intellectual property.

But if it really upsets people that much, I've changed it to a "friendlier" version.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I made that post in a hurry - so I didn't have time to dig up the thread and post it.
    A hurry? Sorry, I don't buy that. If you have time to write 964 words, you've got time to search for a previous post/thread you created and link to it.

So let's bring this back to topic, here's the link to the Chainmasters bios and pics.

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    I take it you guys never played with Tamagotchis, those things made poop look almost cute. I don't find cartoon poop offensive. Harden up guys.
    Haha true :P

So, is this thread dead or what?

I've got some ideas for you Jenna but it'll have to wait until tonight when I've got some time to type it up
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

Awesome, I'll look forward to reading them.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    A hurry? Sorry, I don't buy that. If you have time to write 964 words, you've got time to search for a previous post/thread you created and link to it.

So let's bring this back to topic, here's the link to the Chainmasters bios and pics.
    Oh god, I have missed you guys.

Heh this thread was a good read! What happened to that jazzy josh guy? All of his posts were essentially "I'm sorry but I don't want to get sued / I'm sorry but I don't want to get involved in anything illegal / I like to hide under rocks". Rinse and repeat. What a top guy

and Gok probably had a few brews before he concocted that idea too lol. Hope you don't bring that up in the classroom man!

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    So, is this thread dead or what?
    Not dead but there has to be serious will to do it. At this point, throwing ideas around is good and this thread is helpful in gathering those ideas and using them as reference.

Perhaps trying to pull something like the Parra fair is feasible? (regarding venue size) I guess once we can work out how much a modest event may cost, we can work out what to do within it.

How about we try to find out something like:

- How much would hiring a place like Parra Town hall cost?
    - If the event is to last for a couple of days, what do we do to entertain people? It can't just be trivia and throttlebot racing.
    - Have some sort of food available. Doesn't have to be grand, hotdogs would do.
    - How many dealers can we actually invite in - Maybe we can offer free tables to some Parra fair dealers?
    - Can we get somebody of some sort of fame in? It doesn't have to be directly associated with Transformers. We can try to be flexible and get a known local celebrity to come with the excuse that he/she likes Transformers Maybe one of the people from Good game or something.

Well, basics like cost of the venue hiring would be a good starting platform. Once we know the reality of how much something like this would cost at a basic level, we can begin expanding it a bit.